Well, it is done. The furniture has been put together and drawers organized. It is looking a bit bare, but the essentials are there. She has a dresser/changing table, a wardrobe, crib and rocking chair. If she decides to come TODAY, she has her room. So the panic is done.
There is a lot more I want to do, craft-wise and decoration-wise, but its nothing we can’t do over time so I’m going to put this as done :) 6 months ago
Stage one is complete: we ripped up the floorboards, painted the room a beautiful lilac and put down the new floor and trim. We’re going this weekend with my mother to Ikea to get the crib, standing closet, chest of drawers and odds and ends like light fixtures and bedding.
I can’t wait to have everything set up and finally have somewhere to put her little baby clothes away in. 7 months ago
Kind of freaking out at this is not done yet.
- Tear up the old wardrobes in there and throw them away.
- Remove the old floorboards
- Plaster holes from removed nails and such
- Paint the walls and ceiling base colour white
- Paint the walls lilac
- Put down new floorboards
- Install light fixtures, door and window.
- Move in crib, wardrobe, dresser and armchair
- Wash all the baby clothes and tidy away
- Decorate with blankets, rugs, cushions, photographs, odds and ends
So far nothing is done yet. AHH! 8 months ago