tips to think over
1) Recognize that my body is a self-healing machine. If I allow my body to heal itself, it will. It’s not just wishful thinking though. If one is consistently sick it’s because there is unnatural imbalance occurring on a consistent basis. So to allow my body to heal, I must also take some action steps. From general health improvement to cure of a disease, it involves changing daily routines, the environment, and the diet.
2) Western medicine can be used in extreme circumstances, but in general it’s toxic. It may help one to get out of an emergency situation, And even if it’s the case it is to be used Very Briefly. Severe and persistent sickness would likely not have occurred in the first place if one is following Ayurvedic principles.
Overtime these drugs accumulate in the body, bringing my immune system to its knees and generating further complications. And subsequently more sickness..
3) Learn about my own body. Each body is unique.
4) Take Ayurveda in steps. Do not try to bombard myself with multiple radical changes. I may also go through a cleaning process, which can possibly make me even a bit more sick for a short period of time; yet know how to recognize that it can be part of a cleaning process as well.
5) The mind. The mind is huge. Recognize that for the most part any sickness starts at the mind; surprisingly more than because of our environment. That is to say, that if my mind is pacified my environment will also change accordingly.
Not only that, the mind DIRECTLY affects my body on a biological level! So learn how to pacify the mind. Also learn about what mind issues result in what type of sickness.
6) Use Ghee for everything.
7) Cleanliness AND organization. If I want health, I may start with a maha clean up of my place. Throwing everything I don’t need away (really), and making the entire place neat, clean, and organized.
I will FEEL the energy of the place immediately and healing will start right then and there, automatically. It’s also recommended the use of proper lighting (warm ‘yellow’ lights are preferable).
Bottom line: to feel continuously proud of the place I live in, even if it’s just a small room.
8) Do at least 5 minutes of Yoga everyday.
9) It will certainly take a bit of work and enthusiasm to get going, and not just a pill from the local doctor like we’re told to believe. Healing oneself can turn out to be simpler, faster, and more enjoyable than we think.
10) For any specific related issues, I may consult a local Ayurvedic practitioner/doctor/friend; or easily become one myself FOR myself. Make sure he charges me as little as possible, hopefully nothing!
11) Chant, sing, and dance!
12) Reject and avoid any negative sound vibrations or imagery. Listen and watch good and uplifting music and video. This has a huge impact on my health!
13) Get a massage often.
14) Sleep with my head pointing South (strength and prosperity) or East (health, memory, knowledge). Avoid North and West at all costs. Additional Vastu measures can also help a lot.
15) We are what we eat! That should go unsaid, yet it must be said again and again. What goes into my body is one of the most important things to consider; if not the most important. Specially because it’s one of the areas that requires the most time and attention. Eliminate sodas, candy, and processed foods as much as possible; hopefully entirely!
16) Eat less. This allows for my body to function at better optimum levels.
17) Be kind, generous, and smile often; health will follow.
18) Thank the Lord daily for creating plants. He is also the healing herb. 9 months ago