Well, the audition I set my mind to was yesterday…and success!! Down from a hundred plus people to four in the final round, and then two of us get trial weeks with the orchestra. So I’ll be heading back in November for that. I’m so excited!!!! Thanks to all good vibes from everyone! 3 years ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.saltmoney.org/CareerAdvice Simple & Proven Career Advice. Free Information & Tools. Find Out More!
reputation.com/Online-Presence-Mgmt Control What's Being Said Online. Unwanted Content Can Create Damage!
Both require much advance work…ongoing.
Get the job
- Audition prep: lessons on concertos, lessons with different people on excerpts, practice more regularly
- Playing in general: Obtain more solo opportunities:
write letter to current management.
- Get a mentor/Work on connections.
- Work on interview skills: solicit potential questions from friends that are colleagues. Maybe even stage a faux interview with close friends.
- Confidence: Lose weight! Work on speaking voice.
- Watch rehearsals: Cleveland, Philly, NSO?
- Collect more bowings: expand library.
- People Skills?
- Learn how to deal with my temper and develop more patience.
- Absolutely STOP GOSSIPING!
Wow…that’s not daunting!
13 of my current goals are relevant to this. Most of the others have to do with enriching my life….always laudable. I do want to be well-rounded after all! 3 years ago
with holding myself back due to self-doubt and fear. I have the talent and resources to make it all the way to the top in my chosen field. I am 98% there but that last 2% is a doozy. I will make a career plan to address the areas I feel need improvement and seek out a mentor.
I used to be very competitive, but after my almost career-ending hand injury 6 years ago, I focused (appropriately) on healing, rebuilding, and gratitude that I could still play music for a living. I haven’t lost that gratitude (!!) but I know myself. I’m 32. If I don’t try to go for it, I think I might regret it. I put “choose” in my goal title though, because there’s a lot that comes with that job that I’m not sure I want in my life. If I decide I don’t want it, I think that is laudable. But I want to make that a proactive decision if it comes, not a reactive one because I never tried. 3 years ago