this was a really fun goal :) I decided to make a origami giraffe and this goal took less than an hour to do from start to finsih (uploading to the wedsite as well) very happy 17 months ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.amazon.com/ Great Prices and Huge Selection Qualified orders over $25 ship free
People doing thisSee everyone
- Get bored with your studies and start noodling around on 43 Things.
- Find someone with a goal about onemilliongiraffes.com, and check out the website for yourself.
- Fall a little bit in love with the concept - and a lot in love with the rule that entries cannot be created using a computer.
- Doodle a suave-looking giraffe.
- Take a snap shot on your Phone and submit it to onemilliongiraffes.
- Take pride in the fact that you've put off studying for 15 more minutes. :)
How I did it: I saw another 43T-er had completed this goal and thought it looked like fun.
It's for the project www.onemilliongiraffes.com -- basically someone bet his friend he could get people to send him pictures of giraffes (one million by 2011) and it totally took off, he only has forty-odd-thousand to go.
It's the kind of quirky random thing I like so I thought I'd have a go. I've never drawn a giraffe before so it was a bit of a challenge.
I had a look online at some pictures, and compiled a few to use as references, then I got out my sketchbook and biro and got doodling.
I draw horses a lot and thought it was funny how many similarities there actually are - which helped me.
Took me a couple hours whilst lay around listening to music. I didn't want to get too precious about it and spend infinite amounts of time getting caught up in the detail, I just wanted to have fun with this - and I did.
Submitted it and hope to see it on the website soon so I can feel giddy with accomplishment! Read how I did it… 2 years ago