this was a really fun goal :) I decided to make a origami giraffe and this goal took less than an hour to do from start to finsih (uploading to the wedsite as well) very happy 2 years ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.amazon.com/books Millions of titles, new & used. Free Shipping on Qualified Orders.
www.ebay.com/ Great Deals on Build A Giraffe. eBay! Buy it new. Buy it now.™
People doing thisSee everyone
- Get bored with your studies and start noodling around on 43 Things.
- Find someone with a goal about onemilliongiraffes.com, and check out the website for yourself.
- Fall a little bit in love with the concept - and a lot in love with the rule that entries cannot be created using a computer.
- Doodle a suave-looking giraffe.
- Take a snap shot on your Phone and submit it to onemilliongiraffes.
- Take pride in the fact that you've put off studying for 15 more minutes. :)
How I did it: I saw another 43T-er had completed this goal and thought it looked like fun.
It's for the project www.onemilliongiraffes.com -- basically someone bet his friend he could get people to send him pictures of giraffes (one million by 2011) and it totally took off, he only has forty-odd-thousand to go.
It's the kind of quirky random thing I like so I thought I'd have a go. I've never drawn a giraffe before so it was a bit of a challenge.
I had a look online at some pictures, and compiled a few to use as references, then I got out my sketchbook and biro and got doodling.
I draw horses a lot and thought it was funny how many similarities there actually are - which helped me.
Took me a couple hours whilst lay around listening to music. I didn't want to get too precious about it and spend infinite amounts of time getting caught up in the detail, I just wanted to have fun with this - and I did.
Submitted it and hope to see it on the website soon so I can feel giddy with accomplishment! Read how I did it… 3 years ago