I miss having my own land that I can dig in, build on, and be part of. The lovely Magnolia Tree with its many denizens is a comfort, but I know I am not destined to watch it through the years. I suppose all things are transient, so I shouldn’t worry – but it makes me want to be on land all the sooner. 5 days ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
People doing thisSee everyone
total pie in the sky but it’s nice to dream.
(Pic from www.go-self-sufficient.com ) 3 weeks ago
REALLY tiny, right now – a small rosemary in a 6” pot, and some basil and spearmint cuttings in jars on the kitchen counter. BUT, it is the beginning of the herb garden that I will have once we have land again! 7 months ago
And, that’s a good thing because ~
We are finally moving to a climate that is hospitable to growing things!
That being said, I am still reaping the rewards of prior effort:
1) Irises will be blooming soon
2) Strawberries are setting fruit
3) Discovered some small, lost garlic growing “wild” in the weeds
4) Although my rosemary died (it ISN’T supposed to survive our winters), all the rest of the herbs are back
5) Apple trees bloomed beautifully earlier this year, but as usual, will probably not hold their fruit long enough to ripen (45 – 60 MPH wind knocks them off when they get golf ball sized)
And, ok, I am not capable of “not gardening,” so I planted several dozen bean seeds. I don’t need to feed them. They pretty much take care of themselves. Just have to water them. 12 months ago
One of my favorites is Nature’s Harmony Farm’s pod cast. Trying to beef up my virtual library so that when the time comes, I’ll be well armed. Learning as much as I can while I am in a semi-holding pattern here. 15 months ago