This weekend, I left it all and went with my friends to their home in the small city of Zacatlán, two hours north of Cholula. It is located on the edge of a beautiful gorge in the Sierra Madre Oriental.
This is a city with the charms of a small town with plenty of photo opportunities. I couldn’t take them all as I was with company, but I still got a few good shots. Not only was it a decent photo excursion, but it was a delightful getaway with very good friends :) 3 years ago
With a few family members and friends who stayed overnight after my b-day party, we went on a small excursion to some of the places of interest in and around Cholula. We visited:
- the Capilla Real and San Gabriel’s Convent next to the main square of Cholula
- the Church of San Francisco Acatepec
- the Church of Tonantzintla
- the town of Chipilo for a break for some ice cream and also to load ourselves with cheeses, ham, pasta, and other locally-produced goodies
- and finally, Container City —a small outdoor mall made completely with discarded train/boat containers— which was quite a change after a series of churches.
All this made for quite a photographic spree.
Taken at Capilla Real in Cholula which has 49 cupolas (7×7)3 years ago