1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I wouldn’t have a number in mind. I would just be who I am. Remember – no matter where you go, there you are.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? never trying.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? We allow ourselves to be distracted by things that are not important in the big picture. We lose perspective on how short our life really is, and we only think in terms of the short term.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Probably, LOL!
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? People being jerks to each other.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Vagabond traveler.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? A little of both.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Probably work less and be on the computer or watching TV less. I think I do so already much less than the “average American,” but they are technological opiates.”
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I have made choices and worked for goals within the context of what I was handed. I would have liked to be more of a risk-taker, but I worked so hard to get at least a few rungs up from the bottom that I let fear of losing that impede me.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things, most definitely.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I diplomatically let them know she’s a friend and say that, I understand everyone has different experiences with a person, and it’s unfortunate if they really did have bad experiences with that person, but that as her friend, I can’t listen to people talk that way about her.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Define yourself, make your own rules, don’t let others tell you what you should do with your life, and don’t be a D!¢< to people.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Depends on the situation, but possibly.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Hmmm…more often I’ve seen creativity that later turned out to be insanity.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I think I make odd connections between things in my brain. I would have said my synaesthesia makes me different, but I am finding that more people seem to have it than you would expect.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? I’m not everyone.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Start a business or live overseas. Money.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yep.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Virginia or North Carolina or Denmark. The first two because they are pretty and affordable and familiar, the last one because I like the people and the culture and it’s familiar.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? no and no
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton.
22. Why are you, you? Because I am me. Of course.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? For the most part, though I think most of my friends are better at frienship than I am.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? The latter.
25. What are you most grateful for? My son.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Oooh, tough. I think not be able to make new ones, mostly because I would not like to lose the memories of ZH’s childhood and my family members that have passed on.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? nope.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? nope, thank God.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes, I remember, and as far as it mattering – yes and no. There are pros and cons to everything we experience.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Sitting outside in the sunshine. Just being able to be.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Traveling with ZH.
32. If not now, then when? When I take action.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Sanity, from being overburdened.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yes.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Religions don’t cause wars. People cause wars. They just use religion to justify them.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Pretty much.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? A million bucks doesn’t go very far these days, so probably not…
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? Less work. I can do things I enjoy in my off time.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Kinda, yeah.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? WTH? This is a little touchy-feely for me, guys…
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My son and my grandmother.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? no. I don’t care for fame, and I’m already extremely attractive. ;-)
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Well…cheese is alive. Truly living means feeling the vibrancy of life and the awe of creation and using every second to experience it.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you are prepared to lose what you have.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because it is like ripping off the bandage – you know you have to do it, but you also know it hurts.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I can’t say here. :-)
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Last night in bed, when I noticed my lungs were still kind of crackly.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? MY SON. I just asked him, and he pointed to his dinner plate. (His mouth was full of tortilla chips…)
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? I doubt it.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? Both. As are you.10 months ago