I taught my friend how to sew her first top. She did it by hand and it was wonderful! She’s so excited and so am I. 21 months ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.myquiltplace.com/ Connect with thousands of sewing and craft lovers at MyQuiltPlace
I’ve got 1000 yards of elastic thread. Our house gets really hot and if left unused this elastic may eventually melt and be useless if it’s poor quality. I’ve given myself the challenge of using it in as many ways as I possibly can this summer. So far I’ve given away about 200 yards (which brought it down to 1000 yards approximately) and I have made 4 simple shirred sundresses. I’m looking around for more creative yet tasteful styles to try out. 22 months ago
My mother taught me to baste everything. I don’t mind basting because it means less time with the seam ripper. The negative side if that it makes my sewing take much longer.I’m getting more confident so now I am using pins more than I baste. I have saved so much time and sewing is now less of a chore for me. I don’t know why I never thought of this before. 2 years ago
- Currently working to improve my technique for bias binding. I saw a tutorial on how to make it in one continuous loop which I’m going to try next time.
- I want to move darts. 2 years ago
- Making a garment for someone I am not related to as a gift.
- I am going to teach some colleagues of mine how to sew in a couple of weeks time. 2 years ago
I want to make more stylish, complicated things. Sometimes I fall in the rut of easy and sacrifice style in the process. 2 years ago
I helped my sister make a dress for a wedding this week past.
Sewing with satin
Seam finishing without a serger
- Practiced inseam pockets
- Cut into fabric I really loved right away instead of putting it away for the “perfect” project for fear of ruining the fabric. I think I have enough skill at this point not to generally ruin fabric. 2 years ago
I made my first ruffle neckline! I love ruffles but have always been too scared to make them in case they didn’t come out perfect. They didn’t and I made an avoidable mistake but I fixed it as best as I could then I went and loved my new dress. I love it so much that I washed it so I can wear it again this week! Hah! 2 years ago