- my cubicle; I have a clean desk, a light cubicle, very comfy working environment
- public washrooms.
- people who do random acts of kindness
- happy people
- my taste buds :) 2 months ago
People doing thisSee everyone
- my cubicle; I have a clean desk, a light cubicle, very comfy working environment
2) I went to hot yoga with an open mind and didn’t push myself too hard, as I am wont to do with many things. I’m learning!
3) Strawberry Campinos.
4) Being able to go to the dentist. My dentist’s office is insanely lovely, and I have complete dental coverage. So lucky.
5) The cold snap is over! 7 months ago
1) Chicken salad, yum.
2) I’m in the best shape of my life, and getting even more fit.
3) I get to go to Vancouver this week. To work, but also to stay at the nice hotel, see my brother, eat burritos and guacamole and sushi and bubble tea, and shop.
4) The lovely ladies at choir. I’m so thankful to have found this community, even if I only remain on the fringes of it.
5) I keep getting into my car and driving all over everywhere, and I’ve been safe and sound. 7 months ago
1) I walked & talked on the phone to my Mom in Edmonton, and my brother in Toronto today, and they were both good conversations.
2) Spicy tuna rolls with Mr. Man.
3) Met lovely girlfriends for delicious bellinis after work, with a gorgeous view of the harbour and the lights shining on the water.
4) Hung out for half an hour with Mr. Ridiculous this morning, and there’s an ease there now. It’s taken two years to get there, and it’s nice.
5) Apples. 7 months ago
2) Yoga. I don’t know why I ever stop going. I love it so much.
3) My hike up to the top of the hill and down again, to watch the mist roll in.
4) The ridiculous boy took a video to show to his girlfriend of himself giving an itty bitty treat to the tiny puppy I love, but also shared it with me. I don’t know who is cuter, him or the dog. :/
5) My best friend has found a lovely, stable, grown-up, compatible person to be with and it’s wonderful. 7 months ago
1) All the quiet nature time I had today. I spent an hour in the sun at the beach, then another hour out walking to watch the sunset and the stars come out.
3) The raspberry jam filled cookies that my brother made me for Christmas that are in my freezer.
4) My friend made carrot cake baked oatmeal and brought me some.
5) Dogs. All of them. 7 months ago
1) I went to a strength class with my bestie.
2) Long lunch again today with beer and a view of the harbour.
3) I discovered that there is, in fact, a song with my name in it. And it’s pretty and perfect. :)
4) Listening to my <3 mix. It gently reminds me that the right man will move mountains for me, and it will feel good and right and true.
5) My brother is safely home from his trip to Florida. 7 months ago
1) Naps and sleep.
2) My dentist’s office. It’s like visiting a dental spa. On this visit, in addition to having my teeth gently polished like pearls with a paste that tasted exactly like marmalade and being called “Darling” every two minutes by the lovely hygienist, I was treated to lavender-geranium aromatherapy, a neck massage, and a warm paraffin dip for my hands.
3) Peanut butter and banana.
4) Going out for lunch and then coffee with one of my favourite people.
5) Texting with the ridiculous boy today. 7 months ago
1) Chocolate avocado mousse.
2) Lovely coworkers who want to spend time with me, and buy me mochas.
3) Choir! Choir choir choir choir choir.
4) The ridiculous boy who still sits next to me, plays with my phone and my keys and the ring on my finger, says absurdly clever and silly things, pulls my hair, pinches me, giggles, and otherwise behaves like a big five year old. I love it, I love the attention, and I’ve stopped feeling bad about it. He’s going to do what he’s going to do, so I might as well have fun with it until he decides it needs to stop.
5) The little squeals my lovebird was making today. He was very content. 7 months ago
1) Going for a run with coworkers.
2) When talking about the next time we’d meet for breakfast – Him: “But it doesn’t have to be for pancakes every time.” Me, quietly: “But I like pancakes…” Him, in that little voice he uses when he’s being sweet: “You can have as many pancakes as you like, sweetheart.” ARGH.
3) My friend inviting me to a fitness class this evening.
4) The pretty dress I’m going to wear tomorrow.
5) Working in an office that allows dogs. 8 months ago
1) One of my favourite luxuries: having a nice, warm house, and having the windows open to let in the fresh, cool air.
2) Authenticity. A blessing and a curse.
3) Meeting girlfriends for lunch and dinner.
4) My new IKEA shelf, filled with all the things I love.
5) The seal that meandered alongside me and kept me company as I walked home along the shore, under the sunset. 8 months ago
1) The clear sky, stars, and the moon shining so brightly that I can make out the outline of the mountains across the water.
2) The lovely, slightly un-seasonally balmy weather.
4) Going to choir practice. Singing, in a beautiful performance hall, with nice people, learning really cool songs, with a really great director.
5) Being as cute and smiley as I am. I imagine that it gets me into, but also out of, all sorts of trouble. 8 months ago
1) Misty rain on my skin.
2) Brioche french toast and buttermilk fried chicken at Jam Café.
3) My little car. It really is my independence.
4) I get to go to work tomorrow.
5) Homemade cranberry sauce. 8 months ago
1) Wicker baskets.
2) My champagne problems. Any problem I ever have these days isn’t even a first world problem. I am extremely fortunate.
3) My brothers.
4) My comfort zone. I feel like I’m running out of interesting things to write about being thankful for, though – it seems to be a lot of “delicious things to eat, nature, being comfortable, beautiful possessions, lovely people, introspection…”
5) Boots. 8 months ago
1) Rico. I never thought I’d be a small dog person, especially not a chihuahua person, but I love him to pieces. Maybe someday I’ll get a little Rico.
2) White mini lights.
3) Being able to buy fresh food whenever I want it.
5) Comfy Lululemon for lounging in. 8 months ago
1) Walking home in the dark through The Village and then along the water with the waves crashing.
2) My job. Yes, it’s crazy, but I’m still very, very fortunate.
4) My family and friends are physically healthy, and safe.
5) I am strong, and steady. 8 months ago
2) Being warm.
3) That ridiculous, exasperating boy who likes to sit close to me and touch me and make me smile and watches me from the corner of his eye. I can’t help it: I need to feel that closeness, even if it’s an illusion.
4) Heartache and confusion. It must be teaching me something, making me stronger, wiser.
5) Daylight. 8 months ago
1) King-size beds.
2) Night snuggles.
3) Earl grey.
4) Quiet naptime.
5) This ridiculous lifestyle I get to have. I am very lucky. 8 months ago
1) Everyone in my family is safe
2) I made a decision
3) Packing for vacation
5) Kelly 8 months ago
1) Beautiful girls with long swishy hair who come over and have brunch with me.
2) Indoor plants and fresh flowers.
3) Trips to Vancouver.
4) Having so many options to overthink.
5) My lovely little car. 8 months ago
2) Long walks with my best friend.
3) Gnocchi with butter and fresh parmesan.
5) Having had the last two weeks off. It’s been a really nice rest. 8 months ago
1) The wonderful people that I have met through work. The whole thing might be a complete circus, but some of the people are absolute gems and I’m thankful that they love me, too.
2) The ridiculous luxury of an abundance of fresh, clean water.
3) Watching the sunset from the top of Gonzales hill.
4) My iPhone.
5) My straight, swishy hair. I f-ing love it. 8 months ago
1) The stars. Even standing under a streetlight here, I can still see The Pleiades, and Aldebaran, and Orion’s bow (which I’ve never seen until tonight).
3) Freedom, and safety. I am free to come and go as I choose, and it’s wonderful.
4) Things that smell nice: coffee beans, and cocoa powder, and this sugared fruits bath bar that I’ve had for years, still wrapped in paper, and still smelling as lovely as ever.
5) This opportunity to learn about myself, and grow. There was a door that I thought might be ajar, and I have just closed it. Now I’m working on letting go of the portrait I had painted about what might be behind that door, and walking away so that I can start seeing others. 8 months ago
1) Special brownies.
2) Benedict Cumberbatch.
3) My snuggly little lovebird, even though he’s noisy sometimes.
4) The internet.
5) Jersey sheets. 8 months ago
1) Ola Gjeilo’s music.
2) Living so close to the ocean.
3) Living in BC. I went for a run today. It was beautiful outside.
5) My lovely clean apartment. I love it!
Making it through a pretty good year. Next year is just going to get better. :) 8 months ago
1. Having RubyBeth back in Minnesota 2. Half ‘n Half 3. the New York Times (usually) 4. BSA Summer Camp 5. Frisbees 14 months ago