I’ve been doing a lot of weeding and managing to get nothing tilled, no plants purchased and nothing in the ground. I think I need to start with a list of what I need and then begin the tilling. 18 days to get this done. 2 weeks ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.successproductivityskills.com/ Get more done. Fast, Easy, Online Course. Buy now! Limited time $79
www.publicaffairsbooks.com/ A new business book on the virtues of procrastination and delay
May was not very productive in this sense. Well I did do things I wanted to accomplish (like take the CHL class) but, I haven’t really done the things I said I would do to… So, for June I am going to start working on these
1. Assemble Cubby for Office
3. Finish organizing master bathroom/closet
1. I have already moved over the existing cubby to make room for the next one I plan to put right next to it. So when I get back from our little mini-vacation, I will be accomplishing this goal pretty quickly (I hope)
3. I have organized my closet to a point that I feel comfortable with things the way they are, I just need to work on the bathroom itself (well only my side, Alex can have his side however he feels it should be, I am not going to dictate how it should be
- even though I sooooo want to!) 2 weeks ago
In the next 3 weeks I plan to get the flowers for my cutting garden purchased, the ground tilled, and the plants safely put into the ground. 3 weeks ago
I finished my goals for this period of time. I have painted my desk; sold our old dining table & chairs; donated a sewing table & elephant wicker table; and I may be giving the dinette table and 9 chairs to relatives. If the targeted relative doesn’t want them, they will go to Goodwill. 3 weeks ago
Okay, so, it’s almost the end of May and I haven’t even finished my April projects yet. But, I did do a lot of decluttering and organizing this month, which is great. But still.
1. Assemble Cubby for Office
2. Pintrest wreath 4 weeks ago
I’ve delayed our 3rd Thursday meeting to the 4th Thursday. I’m taking the things that didn’t sell off CL and I’ll be hauling them to Goodwill or giving them away in the next few weeks. I have one more coat of paint for the desk. Mr. G is going to make a middle drawer for the desk for my laptop. He’s not feeling well right now because of tomorrow’s procedure requiring him to have clear liquids. So, it may be awhile before he finishes that item for me. I plan to have completed my goal by this weekend if not today. 4 weeks ago
I managed to sell one table and 6 chairs.
I’ve had one person give me a very low-ball offer on one table and another who wanted more photos of the same table.
Last night someone contacted me to see if I still had the last 2 tables.
I’ve gotten all the areas of missing veneer on the desk filled with wood putty. 1 month ago
My goal for this month is to put 5 tables and a set of 6 chairs on craigslist and paint a desk I bought on CL. 2 months ago
1. Finish File Folder Organization:I finished organizing the file folder in my office. I had purchased the new folders and have the external folders to to put so I have the small file in the office that I access often (or relatively often and the other ones that I don’t have to access often (like once a year or so) in the office) I am considering purchasing another one of those snap ones for all school related ones but I am also considering just throwing out a lot of the school stuff anyway (most of those papers I can just find online anyway, but I am a nerd so, I kinda want to keep the papers… So, I might purchase them anyway so I can keep the papers (so my nerdy geeky me will be happy) ... I am still debating;
1. Hide a Key: I have finished it! And surprisingly I feel much better that it has been done. I need to bury it which I am going to do once I get up (which will be in approximately 10 minutes (I am going to finish checking my email and what not). I tried to post a picture but it was not letting me do so for some reason. Maybe I will be able to post one after all, we will see. Anyway if I can I will be attached.as for the other two goals for these month, I plan on working on the cuby this weekend and my craft hopefully this weekend as well. So hopefully I will be able to finish both of these soon. 2 months ago
1. Finish File Cabinet (Purchase the file folders)
1. Hide A Key
2. Assemble Cubby for Office
3. Make a Pintrest Project (summer wreath) 2 months ago
for this month is to declutter my laundry area.
Edit 4/20/13: I did this early in the 4 week period. 2 months ago
This month’s goal was to declutter the chifferobe and the underbed drawers. They are done. 3 months ago
1. Spend Quality Time: this past week I spent some quality time with my husband and went to San Antonio to watch a concert and just well walk around the river walk and spend time alone. Also, yesterday, we spent some time with my Aunt, sister, mother and nephew (kinda a nephew) at the zoo the other day which was very nice.
2. Clean and Organize Cabinet in Kitchen: when we went to the Container Store at San Antonio I bought some stuff to help organize my medications and my animal’s medications. I got everything situated already! I got everything done. I had to get rid of some meds that were expired and were no longer needed, consolidated some medications and refilled some supplies that needed to be purchased.
as for the last goal for this month “finish fixing my file cabinet” I have purchased an small storage cabinet to free up some room inside my file cabinet (if that actually makes any sense). The small cabinet should arrive in a few days so 3 months ago
2. Clean and organize medicine cabinate in kitchen (declutter)
3. Finish fixing my file cabinet
okay so.. I have been procrastinating on this goal for a while and the other day I got an email for a free photo book which was just the kick in the butt that I needed to finish working on things.
So its been done (about a week a go) and I am waiting for it to be sent to the house, It has been shipped though
yippee one thing done.. need to do a lot more! 3 months ago
I decluttered and organized the drawers and the cupboard that was left in the kitchen, in time for the 3rd Thursday meeting.
This month, I plan to declutter my chifferobe, and the drawers under the bed. 3 months ago
I’ve managed to iron the damask linen tablecloth, and organized all except one cupboard and one drawer. 4 months ago
that I’d made for this month. I also had listed that I would iron a damask linen tablecloth and clean my oven. The oven is clean. I’ve done at least a third of the kitchen cabinets/drawers/counters. I have another 11 days to do the remaining goals. 4 months ago
for last month is finished. I completed it last weekend by defrosting the large freezer. My new challenge is to declutter and reorganize everything in the rest of my kitchen. 4 months ago
I managed to begin the small freezer (attached to my fridge) organization by tossing what I haven’t used, and making use of some of the food that would be better used now. I ate a pumpkin-filled ravioli frozen dinner. It was actually a little too sweet for my tastes and I won’t buy that again. I tossed out some pita pockets that had been frozen awhile and the squirrels in my garden were chattering with each other over who would get them and some grapes I had frozen. I was delighted to see one squirrel hit the top of the fence running with his cluster of frozen grapes.
I’ve been pretty good about using up what is in the big, stand-alone freezer and now I will move some of that food to the smaller one in order to defrost the freezer. The only other area to declutter this month is the area where the lazy Susan is. I keep alcohol, my mixer and my bread-maker there as well as some oddball things. I may make some candy with the liqueurs and liquors. I recently knocked out some gin by making linen spray. 5 months ago
I plan on using this goal to help accomplish all the other goals that I have been working on but just need that extra push. (I am sure most of these will entail things involving decluttering and cleaning, which I hate doing the most), every month I need to make sure I add something so I can do this correctly
IDEAS OF THINGS TO PUT ON THE LIST
1. Declutter office
2. Unpack garage
3. Fix paper files (in office)
4. Clean out pantry and organize kitchen
5. Scrapbook Daniel’s 1 year
6. Make yearbook5 months ago
This 4 week time span ending 1/17/12 I’ve chosen the challenge of clearing out my freezers as much as possible and clearing the clutter from the lazy Susan in the kitchen. 5 months ago
procrastination challenge. The pantry looks spacious. The clothes are all in their appropriate niches. 6 months ago
of the pantry has been organized. It was the side of the pantry that had the food so I threw out some of the canned goods. My family won’t be here until 6 or a bit later. I’m all ready and I’m going to take a nap! 6 months ago
This is the table I was painting to go in the hall.
For this month I plan to reorganize my pantry and do my semi-annual clothes swap. 7 months ago
or as much as I had pledged to do. My procrastination challenge for the last month (ending on the 3rd Thursday) was to paint the wood trim, the basement door, and the hall table in my front hall. I enslaved…er..employed 2 of my teenage grandchildren and their 10 year old brother to assist me 2 weeks ago and the teens removed hardware, hinges, doorknobs from the doors, painted and the 15 y/o boy took the basement door down while I worked on various things, including boiling the brass pieces in vinegar and water to remove 100 years of paint. I spray-painted the brass fittings a copper color because that was the only color I could find at the hardware store and they look good. The younger boy used the random orbital sander on the table which was out of our way in the basement.
My husband made a beautiful headboard with 2 towers of shelves for our waterbed many years ago and when my back couldn’t take the waterbed any more we replaced it and moved the 2 towers to the hall. We never noticed that the shelves weren’t at the same level until we moved them to the hall. It wasn’t urgent to fix them and my sweetie aligned them last Saturday.
Earlier this week I painted my hall table a gray color and then, later, painted a top coat of Ralph Lauren gold paint. I want one more coat of paint on the table top. I’m very happy with how well it has turned out. That coat of paint and a French door window panes being scraped is all I have left to do until the holidays.
After the holidays I will be putting a frosted film on the bedroom French door panes. And, I’m considering doing something with the ceiling. It has that awful popcorn texture and I want it gone. My sweetie says to cover it rather than scrape it off. I’ll mull it over. 7 months ago
first, I sold the dollhouse this past Thursday, so last month’s challenge is complete.
I got all the trim in the hall painted yesterday. There will be a few touch-ups needed on the lower part of one doorway frame because when I removed the painters tape, I removed some of the trim print. Then, I managed to remove wall paint when I removed the painter’s tape there. So, since I discovered my paint had gone bad for the walls, I decided to buy some more paint and I hope to match the walls perfectly. I spackled a large nail hole yesterday. One of the other parts of this procrastination challenge is to paint the brass door parts and I will be purchasing that spray paint today. The last work to be done in this very tiny space is to paint a wooden table/desk in gray and then silver. I painted the top of the desk today. When it dries, I’ll be able to turn it over and paint the drawer, legs and underside. I’m only working on the gray paint right now. 7 months ago
I took a mirror off the wall. Had help removing the door to the basement; removed the bulletin boxes from the wall; took the column out of the hall; with help removed the doorknobs & keyhole covers; boiled the metal objects in vinegar to remove the 100 years worth of paint; took down all the coats & the coat rack behind the door and with grandkids assistance painted 2/3 of the woodwork. 7 months ago
was to list 4 items on craigslist and I did that and sold 3 of the 4 items. The 4th is tricky, because it is a dollhouse made by my husband’s brother. My husband was asking an amount that I thought was too much and he’s gradually come down in price. We did get a call on it today, but it was for a child and this is not that kind of dollhouse.
This month my challenge is to paint the trim in my front hallway, and the doorway leading to my basement. So far, I’ve cleared out the rug, a desk, and a few of the knickknacks. I’ve gotten the paint out and the brushes and drop cloth. So, now it is just a matter for me to begin. 7 months ago