(1) Skipping rocks first starts with LOCATION. Find a place where the water is as flat and calm as possible.
(2) Find a good flat rock and let it be one you can comfortably hold and throw.
(3) Grip the rock with a “hook” made with your pointer finger
(4) Position yourself with the hand, arm, and of course, the ROCK held in this “hook” formation to your side and lower your hand as level and low to the water as possible
(5) Throw the rock with a “spin” to it and as flat to the water as possible, at a 10-15 degree angle at most.
(6) Release the rock to the water and watch the action as it hits the water. Ask yourself a few questions, too… Was the angle correct? Did the rock react to your spin and release like you would like? If not, try-try-again is the rule…
HAVE A GREAT TIME !! 20 months ago