I feel like crap on multiple levels.
- Some of it is stress, with our big fundraiser FRIDAY for god’s sakes
- Then, it’s also because I had to work a half day yesterday because I was gallivanting around Capitol Hill on Friday (see: urbanly) And then I had to do more work this AM due to…well, it doesn’t matter why, it just was such that I went into work even though I didn’t want to at all
- I also have this extremely low-level cold. Not so awful that I’d stay home because it’s just a feeling of malaise, a small recurring headache, a slight runny nose, a sort-of sore throat – but it’s being going on for days and days.
- Also, a recurring yeast infection that hasn’t been properly wiped out with over-the-counter medication.
- And some other things I don’t even want to write about here.
None of it is at all terrible, it is just a little wearing around the edges.
I took a long nap this afternoon, instead of
- getting exercise, which I need desperately
- spending time with my husband
- doing election-year related activities
and then puttered around 43t in a completely nonproductive way. 6 months ago
How I did it: Carved out space for myself in the midst of an organisational crisis.
Am indulging myself today, for example, by doing some work in bed.
Am also going to weekly reflexology sessions which I find relaxing. Read how I did it… 10 months ago
is a wonderful indulgence. 11 months ago
with a little self indulgence thrown in, in the form of a hydrating facial. 11 months ago
while DH watches rugby on TV.
I shall lie around and peruse a magazine, after enjoying Chinese sweetcorn soup. 11 months ago
a little more rested this week. 11 months ago
and am feeling refreshed. 12 months ago
First time in a loooong time.
Reflect on the gulf. 12 months ago
on my bed right now. 12 months ago
and going to rest for a bit.
Suddenly VERY tired. 12 months ago
while waiting for BP to arrive. 12 months ago
Am now working again, but planning for a dinner with DH and SWSiL.
Want to accomplish certain things before then though. 12 months ago
this seems impossible at the moment … 12 months ago
and had a lovely walk around the fantastic gardens.
Feel refreshed and revitalised. 12 months ago
and then I will tackle the ‘reference cards’ again.
Have 3000 words of information for 21/40 cards:
must edit, purge, precis ruthlessly! 12 months ago
collecting a drink and a book and getting off this computer for 3/4 hour! 13 months ago
as I felt really tired.
Today I feel refreshed and energised, ready to tackle the vagaries of the week. 18 months ago
so I took some time off after the meeting and just, well, rested.
Felt better afterwards. 18 months ago