You know, you can get to the point where certain issues really become a hot button for you, and really ramp that anxiety up more than you expect. Someone posted something about autism and vaccines on my FB page (well they tried – this is one reason I limit that) – and despite my lack of belief in the tie, my anxiety shot through the roof this morning. Sigh. At least now, I recognize what is going on and I know what helps with my anxiety…still, I thought I was better than this. 8 months ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.mosaicmdd.com/ If You Have Major Depressive Disorder, Learn More About Research
www.zenlifesupplements.com/ 1st Dose Delivers Results in 15 min Conquer Anxiety - Change Your Life
- I started meditating again.
- I cut back on caffeine (not out, just BACK).
- I started getting more sleep.
- I say no now if I just don't have the energy to do something.
- I've realized that the housework will keep - if I don't feel like doing it that day, I do it the next.
- I try to do one nice thing for myself every day.
- I have added brief periods of QUIET in my day.
- I also stop and ask myself if the worse-case scenario is really likely to happen. Usually, it isn't.
Well, I haven’t posted much lately, but it has been a busy time – my kids were born on 6/7/05 and 6/11/07 so there were two birthdays within a week. And of course Father’s Day.
Anyway, I’ve been working on my anxiety. Tonight I tried a “de-tox” bath, which was VERY nice whether it detoxes or not. Epsom salts, baking soda, and lavender essential oil in a HOT bath for 20 minutes. I feel WONDERFUL.
I’ve also been working on gratitude. I write down five things in the morning and five things in the evening that I am grateful for, work or personal life. I think that it is helping shift my focus from the negatives, the fears, the uncertainty around me and helping me calm down. I am also eating better overall and trying to watch quantities as well, plus walking at least 2 miles every day. All of it seems to be helping. 10 months ago
1. List what I’m anxious about
2. List what steps I can take toward resolving those issues.
3. Do one nice thing to relax EVERY evening.
4. Eat better. 10 months ago