i’ve done this two years in a row…given up on 43t before the end of the year and left this goal hanging. I didn’t give up on having new experiences, though, and I know I made it way beyond 100, so I’ll call this complete. For this goal repeated in 2012, I’m gonna make it one of those things I have to do or else I’ll punish myself. And I’m starting in May, so I better get my tail in action. 13 months ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
98. hanging out with my ex as friends
99. drunken ping-pong
100. continental new year’s 17 months ago
Anyone up for a new goal? Please join me!
Experience 100 new things by the end of 201217 months ago
93. an entire holiday break without fighting with mom
94. taking the bus home from SBA
95. carrying crystals on
96. lifting with railey
97. being told my back and shoulders are hot 17 months ago
It’s still very small but it’s more than ever :) The betterment noticed. Thank You. 17 months ago
When I taught Frogette, she was quite a bit older. Teaching someone so small was a different story altogether. I mostly just dragged her around on the ice. ;) 17 months ago
I’ve been trying some new alcoholic drinks lately.
The limeade was delicious (I like lime a great deal), but awfully sugary.
The Chocolate Bock was great.
Scotch is definitely NOT for me. It felt like I was drinking liquid fire. 18 months ago
The author is very good at explaining scientific concepts in laymen’s language.
It is disturbing but important to realize how vigilant we need to be to avoid stereotypes, faulty statistical thinking, and justified snap judgments. 18 months ago
Very tasty, gives you energy, regulates the metabolism and smells nice. 18 months ago
Today I finished listening to my first full length audiobook (in english!), it lasted over 8 hours. I am very proud because I understood the whole story and it was interesting. I always thought I’d had trouble to focus on listening a book read by someone but luckily I did not. The funniest thing is I listened this audiobook in tram going to work and home. I hope the audiobooks improve my understanding of english language. 18 months ago
71. My eyesight improved for the first time in my life! Usually, every time I go to the eye dr., my prescription goes UP. This time, for the first time, it went DOWN. (I found out, unfortunately, that this is not as good a thing as it seemed- it means I may need reading glasses in the near future.)
72. I am the least aesthetic-minded person I know. I never know what looks good on me, and what doesn’t. So when I went to pick out new frames, I told the woman to surprise me: pick the three pairs she thought looked best on me (that were under $200), and I’d choose from them. She brought all the receptionists in, and they all thought this one pair was fantastic. It’s not my usual style- I’m usually much more conservative that way, but it looked good to me, too, so I got it.
73. Laser hair removal. OW! But worth it if it works.
74. I bought a groupon for salon services- half off. 18 months ago
87. spending an evening with a bunch of humanities nerds and cute French girls
88. learning to curse in French
89. eggnog & hot buttered rum 18 months ago
Only a four hour drive with a brief stop. Great time for listening to my book on CD! 18 months ago
I am only halfway done with this book, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
I feel so connected with the emotions of the author and the women she teaches. It hurts my heart to read of their suffering. 18 months ago
76. dates with girls
77. making out with a guy on the first date
79. finding a project that interests my advisor
80. oral surgery
81. cutting ties with ex-in-laws
82. hot chocolate with raspberry whipped cream
83. cuddling & more with an ex…
84. scrambled eggs with heavy cream
85. anaesthesia 18 months ago
This was a really, really hard one for me. In this economy, I hate to crush anyone’s hope of gaining employment. However, I had to make that call. 18 months ago
If I like it and use it regularly, it should pay for itself from the money I’ll save not buying cleaning solutions and mop heads/sponges.
It’s great for the environment, too. 18 months ago
Not a fun one, but definitely a rite of passage of some sort.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this new phase in my life: that sandwich generation. I’m taking care of kids, and I’m going to start having to take care of my parents. Actually, my parents seem to be doing rather well, but so many of their friends have died recently. I’m worried about their emotional states because of this.
Now M’s father died. He had been experiencing heart problems, but they didn’t know his death was so imminent. Sad. A new phase of life. 18 months ago
Lavinia. Based on a minor character in The Aeneid.
I love everything else Le Guin has written, but this did not move me. 18 months ago
I suck at building fires, but I love to use my outdoor fire pit on chilly nights. The fake logs, while much easier with which to start a fire, are horrible for the environment, so I’ve never felt good about using them.
However, we found these “Ecologs” recently- almost as easy to light as a Duraflame fake log, made out of all recycled materials, and non-toxic. Plus, they burn for over two hours!
Win. 18 months ago