1. Lose 29 pounds. That will get me to my goal weight. This isn’t going to be easy, and I am probably putting my hardest goal for myself first. This is a lot of weight, so much for a while it seemed insurmountable, but I’m gearing up and I truly believe I can get to where I want to be by the time I’m 30.
2. Run a 5K.
3. Paint at least 2 canvases. I don’t know that we have space for any more than 2 canvases in our tiny condo, so that’s why the smaller number. I’ve been trying to paint, but I get all frustrated at my lack of discipline lately. I have new brushes, just need some paint and I’m ready to go and actually do this. I just have to push through the frustration, I’m SURE it will get better. I’m sure I will get better, that is.
4. Renew my passport. This is actually what is keeping me from putting travel goals on my list, I can’t go anywhere! Well, I can’t go out of the country, at least until I get this taken care of. So, I have to get that picture taken so I can send in my renewal form! Then, after I turn 30 (or after I get my passport), I can make a list of all the places I intend to go, and I can ACTUALLY go there! So, yeah, this is a must do.
5. Get rid of things I don’t need. All those things that are clogging up our condo that we haven’t used or worn in months and months. They need to go. If I miss these things, I can replace them, until that happens I think this stuff just needs to get out of my life. Or rather, I need to get this stuff out of my life, and my space. I feel like I’ll be able to BREATHE better once I do this. If I do this.
6. Give up the diet coke addiction. I’m not saying never have another diet coke again, just ya know, not when I first wake up, and then again before breakfast…and so on. Plus, I think if I drank all that in water, I’d feel soooo great. Well, at least that is the hope.
7. Do something new and exciting with my husband. Go somewhere we haven’t been and do things we haven’t done together. I think this will make us closer, I also think it will remind him of why he fell in love with me.
8. Drive a Boat.
9. Do a handstand! Because, I used to be able to do this and now I can’t. This is unacceptable, and I must remedy this.
10. Be able to do 50 consecutive push ups. I have to add words in like consecutive because I will half ass this otherwise. I am one for doing things half way because they’re miss-worded. So, to avoid that, and hold myself accountable, I am trying to make sure I can’t give myself an out. Well, other than failure.
11. Take a road trip. I don’t care where. Well, I do… somewhere further than 2 hours from our house. That’s my criteria for judging this done or not done. Oh, and it has to be an overnight stay.
12. Cook something everyone (or the two of us, if that’s who it’s for) agrees is really delicious.
13. Cut down fast food to twice a month.
14. Decide what I would like my personal style to be so I can start buying clothes towards who I’d like to be. :).
15. Make 3 new friends. Why 3? Because I don’t like people enough to make this number higher. It’s not that everyone sucks or anything like that, it’s just that… a lot of people aren’t people I desire to spend more time with. So, 3 seems like a challenging enough goal. 16. Learn one new skill. I can’t decide, so I’m leaving this open. I want to learn to water ski, I want to learn to paddleboard, I want to learn to crochet, I want to learn how drive a jetski (it terrifies me), learn to surf. Yeah, one of these things is not like the others, but still. I don’t think I’ll have enough time (or money) this summer to learn more than one new skill, so I’m trying to keep this acheivable. Onew new thing I’ve not been able to do before. Hey, maybe I’ll learn to snap. That’s right, I’m almost 30 and I can’t snap.
17. Ride a mechanical bull. This one might be difficult because I dont’ know where one of these is located near me, but I’ve tried it once, and I’d like to try it again. Maybe after I lose 29 pounds??
-18. Start writing that book. Really, what IS stopping me? Just myself. I don’t know that this amount of time is enough to finish a book I haven’t even begun, so I’m not going to aim for that quite yet. This goal MAY change into finish the book, but I at least want to start with a little outline and stuff before I decide I want to finish the book -.
19. Plan my 30th birthday party. I realize this is a little like cheating, but I really want to throw the perfect party. It’s kinda a life goal of mine to make all my parties really fantastic. So, I convinced my husband not to throw a party for me, and to let me do it myself…so I want to make sure it’s really awesome.
20. Get a massage. Hey, just because it’s easy doesn’t mean I shouldn’t do it, or it wouldn’t be rewarding. Maybe putting it on my list will be the push I need to actually do this.
21. Read five books. I realize that’s not many books, but I don’t have a lot of free time so this is a large enough goal that it will be challenging for me.22. Start the short sale of our condo so we can have a home by the time my husband is 30 :).
22. Go rockclimbing. I’m terrified of heights. Paralyzing fear. But I try to do things that will help me lessen that fear. Like rockclimbing. Maybe with my husband so he can laugh at me.
23. Put away $200 to buy clothes with. I know, that’s not many clothes, but this is by the time I’m 30, not the end of time. Buy clothes with this money. Wear clothes. And maybe repeat if it goes as well as you hope. That’s me talking to myself. Yes, I’m weird.
24. Bake something from scratch. Yeah, I’ve NEVER baked ANYTHING from scratch. Why? I’m lazy. Well, mostly because I’m lazy. And possibly a little because I realy am not good at baking. I just can’t measure all that well apparently. So, I want to at least attempt to make something from scratch. Maybe some cookies? Maybe I’ll love it, and it will be my new hobby! Here’s to hoping.
Try 5 new beers. Try 5 new wines. Try 5 new cocktails. If you’re keeping score, that’s 15 NEW drinks that I’ve never had before. I think I’ll start with a dirty martini.
26. Donate time money or things to a cause. Why so vague? Because I don’t have much money, or time but I do have things. But I’ll start with one and see if I can find a way to do the other two.
27. Make a scrapbook from this summer. Because, I want to start saving memories in a worthy place. And most of our memories are summer ones. This also means I will have to take more pictures. A general goal of mine, but too gneral for me to include here.
28. Take an exercise class. I’m vauge for a reason again. I can’t decide between a dance class, yoga or a self defense class. I’m certain they’d all be fun and challenging so I think I will let groupon decide for me.
29. Write 1000 words a day for one month. I would like to get better at writing, and remember what it used to feel like. I feel like the best way to do this is practice! Practice makes pefect, it’s a cliche because it’s true…right? I’m hoping this will help me to find my voice.
30. See a band or artist live. Because, I am starting to hate being around people more and more, and I feel like the best way to stiffle this unnecessary fear before it gets worse is to just immerse myself in it. I’m clearly a fan of immersion therapy, even though it’s not yet worked for me to date. I’ll just have to keep trying.
This list may change if I think of something better for it :). 6 months ago
This list is changing because some of these things I can’t do or no longer want to do. Mostly the latter. 8 months ago