I think this is going to be my project for 2015. I’ll get a really pretty journal and start on New Years day :) 3 months ago
People doing thisSee everyone
I’m marking this one as “done” because I did this for over two years, even if it wasn’t consistent. I added this goal back when I was battling depression. I would go some days without seeing any happiness. It would be there, I just wouldn’t see it. Or feel it, or whatever.
But now, my days are filled with so much happiness, and I’m glad I’m able to see it. I am thankful for every smile I have, every smile I cause, all of it.
I’ll still add entries here and there, as long as the site is up, but it’s not going to be on my “list” anymore. You guys all rock, I hope you know that :) 4 months ago
As we say goodbye I can only be grateful to what this site has brought to my life. Thank you to everyone who have listened to me, and I hope I have contributed in some way. I feel so lucky to have stumbled onto this site almost 10 yrs ago. 4 months ago
I am happy that so many people have gotten so much out of this site, and that I have been blessed enough to journey part of that way with so many of you.
I have popclogged myself (just plain ol’ Simplicity over there) and I hope I’ll see many of you doing the same. To those who aren’t making the move, I know that your adventures will lead you to amazing things outside of 43T.
To everyone who has followed me, left me comments, and generally been an amazing source of inspiration and courage on this site, I thank you for giving and sharing of yourself. Community is a beautiful thing, and I know I have deeply benefited from being part of 43T for the last few years.
I leave you with the text of one of my favorite pieces of music, Stephen Paulus’ “The Road Home.”
Tell me, where is the road I can call my own
That I left, that I lost so long ago
All these years I have wandered,
Oh when will I know
There’s a way,
There’s a road
That will lead me home.
Rise up, follow me, come away is the call
With love in your heart as the only song.
There is no such beauty
As where you belong.
Rise up, follow me,
I will lead you home. 4 months ago
This one stoked my creative fire, opened my eyes to joy in dark days, sent me on treasure hunts in hard times, sent me hurtling towards bliss with open arms during the good, and did much to inspire perspective shifts and the slow . savoring . of . moments.
From the first day in September ‘07 to my last post this year (funny, both featured umbrellas), I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I did get behind, and tried valiantly to catch-up, but we’re now out of time to do that here. I still have all my joynotes and hope to catch up somehow, somewhere (over the rainbow).
It was a daily delight to read everyone’s entries flowing through this goal – it was contagious and inspiring and eye opening to other lives and the happiness found there.
Thank you everyone for sharing so many happy and gratitude drenched pieces of yourselves. 4 months ago
Finding lots of lovely craft books in the library. Loads of inspiration!
Finally getting my Passport.
Being in the garden on a lovely sunny day with both cats sprawled next to J. Heaven!
My MIL offering to give us some lovely rataouille for our meal.
Finding lots of lovely craft items in our local discount craft store called The Works 4 months ago
i’m grateful for this site, and sad about its demise. but i’m happy that there is a similar site called www.popclogs.com that a lot of people from here are using. why not check it out if you haven’t already?
bye x 4 months ago
It’s been a wonderful place to come drop by and write a few thoughts of my world, both good, bad and the challenges I’ve had.
I’ll miss this place, as I’ve been inspired by soooo many others!
I’m happy I found 43things, and I will migrate to popclogs, I’m there now but ‘havent’ found my rhythm there, finding my comfort zone, and how the site works (yet).
I’ll miss this forum, its been a home away from home, a way to gain some perspective, vent on the bad days, cheer on the great ones and everything else in between! It felt pretty damn wonderful to feel the cheers each and every single one!
I thank the people that cheered me and inspired me to try again or to move forward.- for me it meant something very profoundly!
Best of luck friends! I’m itchy_feet on popclogs too, and I intend to visit there on a regular basis!
Life changes, and when one window/door closes, another opens! See you there friends! 4 months ago
1) Giving myself a pretty manicure, and enjoying the few months of the year when I can grow my nails long.
2) Finding super cheap curtains at Ikea in the color I wanted. Now I just need to hem the damn things, since they are full size and the window they will cover is not.
3) Doing my 5-miler today even though I really, really didn’t want to.
4) Lovely birfday celebration stuffs winding down.
5) The Man found my favorite pen! It had been hidden by some other things. (Reason #485 why decluttering is awesome.) 5 months ago
+ Making a FIFA 14 themed birthday card for my brother.
+ Using paints.
+ Getting to know EXID.
+ Half an hour of exercise.
+ Japanese practice.
+ Jongup and Kris.
+ Feeling close to AD.
+ Writing a letter.
+ Feeling tired enough to want to sleep early. 5 months ago
- Waking up at 6am
- Activities before work: 5-min meditation (just started), 15 mins reading Infinite Jest, prepping a nutritious breakfast and studying Kanji on 30-minute commute.
- Catching up on Escape the City and seeing a course I may have to sign up for (Do Work You Love) 5 months ago
- Spending time with my boyfriend after nearly three weeks apart
- Listening to my boyfriend talk about his adventures across the US
- Seeing my boyfriend be inspired by the people he met, the places he visited and the incredible food he ate
- Getting into a good discussion about our life goals (most of which don’t align but that help us maintain our independence in the relationship)
- Realising that even if we go our separate ways, we will stay in touch 5 months ago
+ Sunday breakfast.
+ Spending a lazy day – casually skipping test.
+ Revising Japanese.
+ Weather cooling down enough so that don’t need to use the fan anymore.
+ Sleeping out the afternoon.
+ Working on my brother’s birthday card.
+ Having chicken. 5 months ago
+ Waking up at 8 am to rains and having the whole day to myself.
+ Nebraska movie.
+ Alexander Payne.
+ Topp Dogg.
+ Jennakta aka Nakta/Jenissi.
+ JungLi aka Sulli/Krystal.
+ Going out for dinner.
+ Hot n Sour soup.
+ Butterscotch Ice cream.
+ Raining all day. 5 months ago
- Having access to organic fruit and vegetables
- Having access to a huge Waitrose
The two above have transformed my diet, skin and overall wellbeing
- Making first vegetarian lasagna a success 5 months ago
+ Hanging out with Y. at Nmlss.
+ Eating a favourite snack – a surprise from father; having it after over 3 or 4 years!
+ Working on my brother’s birthday gift.
+ Being in a good and calm mood all day.
+ A meeting I wasn’t ready for getting cancelled.
+ Magic! – Rude.
+ Evol. 5 months ago
+ Reading Haruki Murakami.
+ Watching videos on Minute Physics channel of YouTube.
+ Making plans to meet up with schoolmates I haven’t seen in 7 years.
+ Reading a general text on Sociology.
+ Eating my most favourite dinner.
+ Having oatmeal cookies.
+ Taking pictures from the roof top.
+ Resisting the urge to go beserk on Y.
+ Planning my brother’s birthday gift. 5 months ago
1) Surviving today’s 5-miler in the direct sun.
2) Looking forward to birthday dinner next week.
3) Starbucks lemon loaf turned out tasty.
4) An apparent misunderstanding, clarified. No work Thursday! 5 months ago
+ Waking up at 7am after a good night’s sleep.
+ Rains in the morning.
+ Getting bank work done.
+ Watching Dallas Buyer’s Club.
+ Jared Leto.
+ 100%’s U Beauty.
+ K. K is my only saving grace these days. 5 months ago