- Quality family time in honor of father’s day
- Delicious lunch sitting out on the patio at one of our favorite restaurants
- Clean laundry – especially clean sheets on the bed
- 1 year anniversary party for my friend’s bar – a backyard pig roast and live music combined with perfect summer weather. We all had too much fun! 1 hour ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
People doing thisSee everyone
- Sleeping in
- Snuggles with my kitty
- Spent some time sprucing up the porch and planting some flowers
- Met friends for dinner and drinks 3 hours ago
January 15, 2013
- Braving the cold and enjoying the playground. Another little girl gave Iris a 3D princess sticker, which she was thoroughly taken with (though not as much as all the tiny pebbles).
- Potentially great tax related changes.
- Quiet, sing-song baby talk.
- Quick and painless flu shots (Iris got to have the mist). Done!
- Losing time in a great chess game.
- Another tooth out! The tooth fairy has been busy lately.
January 16, 2013
- Up early (amidst great tooth fairy excitement) but had a leisurely morning. Amused by the silly Google zamboni game.
- Visiting the neighbour for treats and coffee, talking and onesie drop-offs.
- Apparently if your arm hurts more after a flu shot you’re building better antibodies. Oh yay… a silver lining.
- More cold playground fun. We found mysterious ice, stayed until our fingers were thoroughly chilled, and then warmed up at home with peppermint tea.
- Isak earned his first special badges at his martial arts class. He’s so proud. 3 hours ago
- Had a nap!
- Walked in the park again
- Movies with a friend on Friday
- Eyeliner is really working for me (I think) 4 hours ago
Today, I was besieged by minor emergencies (a nail in my tire! a leak in my office!) to an almost hilarious degree.
Luckily, my students are pretty self-sufficient in my absence, and that DOES make me happy. 5 hours ago
- amazing marinated tofu
I hope 43 doesn’t crash permanently… :/ 6 hours ago
We stretch our legs almost every night. It’s always great to stretch, but walking makes me happy when my head is full or when there’s tension between my Love and me. Walking encourages talking. Usually after the walk the air cleared. 7 hours ago
- The first of the summer days with more than 30°C
- My husband had a dental procedure done and no bad things happened
- Resting in the shade after work
- Enjoying a nice glass of Pinot blanc from the vineyard of one of our colleagues family
The changing of the guards at Amalienborg Castle, Copenhagen10 hours ago
- Spending the afternoon with my brother and two of his friends and having fun.
- Tempura chicken for dinner. One of my favourite dishes!
- Going on a long walk on the side of the bay.
- Grape soda. Damn it’s good.
- The beautiful girl I held the door for, and her smile.
- Receiving a lovely message from someone who wanted to thank me. She might read this. ;) 1 day ago
6/15: field trip including one of my favorite taco stands
6/16: the bestest tortas 1 day ago
- A positive attitude.
- Skyping with him this morning.
- Making good tips tonight. Yay. 1 day ago
- For the first time in 5 years, I feel comfortable enough with my arms to wear short sleeved shirts. (I know, it was silly that I haven’t worn them in so long, but I guess my self esteem is rising! :D I am so incredibly happy right now. I don’t think anything today can be better than this feeling. I finally feel like a normal person and can actually go to a store and buy whatever clothes I want. It was a crazy little phobia I had but I couldn’t help it. I am smiling so much right now)
- Tried eyeliner, and I think it’s working for me :) although, it is a pain to put on. 1 day ago
- finally buying my annual flowers!
- purchased plentiful petunias in pinks and purples
- turned out to be a pretty sunny day!
- taking action on three items today, that begins now/today
- taking the dating idea and putting it not just on the back burner, but taking it right off the stove, (too many things to get on track)
- cleaning cleaning and more cleaning which turns out is very therapeutic! 1 day ago
January 14, 2013
- I lugged the big toboggan all the way to the playground. There wasn’t a lot of snow, but Isak and his friends had a fantastic time in what there was. It paid off a hundredfold in happy shrieks and pink noses. Iris had fun too; she was fascinated by melting snowflakes with her breath.
- Extra nice compliments from strangers.
- Coming home for 3 cheese macaroni and peas.
- Isak being extra sweet, peeling an orange and building a fairy fort for Iris (it had pink wings). Take that Baba Yaga.
- Watching Mom at the town meeting online speaking for the anti-casino bunch. She was great! 1 day ago
“It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.”
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
January 13, 2013
- Leftover Indian food. Even spicier.
- A successful trip to buy a new family calendar and turn recycling earnings into Pokemon cards.
- Blue skies and light breezes.
- Watching The Lorax with the kids and then doing the drawing lessons in the extras section together. Going into hysterics over my gimpy fish illustration.
- Homemade cheeseburgers.
- Snow rumors. 1 day ago
- Another warm and sunny day, no raindrop in sight
- Meeting more friends and spending a nice afternoon
- A wonderful strawberry tiramisu
- Enjoying life
The Buschenschank we spent afternoon in, enjoying the sunshine in the half-shade of the wine1 day ago
- interesting dream
- morning alone
- 2 morning coffees
- playing guitar and singing! (alone and with no shame) :) 1 day ago
meeting up with my friend c. it’s been a while. we had a good catch up, drank tea, ate cherries and watched ‘the shawshank redemption’. she’d never seen it before. i’ve seen it several times but not recently. it is an excellent film. 1 day ago
Had an awesome time with an old friend talking about anything we had in mind and going on the roof of his flat to see the city. it was sooooo beautiful. :) 1 day ago
- A tiny little bit of flirting.
- Having dinner with the family at the country house and playing a few games. 2 days ago
- a massage yesterday
- 3 day weekend
- vanilla latte
- overcoming a panic attack (the first one in many years) not sure why this would happen now !
- sparkle yarn! 2 days ago
Making plans for the future with my Love. Still being able to make plans already makes me happy, but the planning itself is fun to do. 2 days ago
- Coffee date with K, we sat outside and got a little sun
- Straightened out some delivery issues at the dance studio
- Sweet & sour chicken for lunch
- Shopping spree with my sis – we treated ourselves to a work bonus and went a little nuts. I got some new things for my patio – side table, pots for plants, cushions for the chairs. On my way to my oasis porch!
- Had a few friends over to hang out for the evening 2 days ago
- Did a good workout, even though I had to stop in the middle :P (jumping jacks kill me)
- It’s finally sunny enough to go out to the park
- Getting a haircut pretty soon 2 days ago
January 12, 2013
- Homemade butter chicken and super spicy garbanzos.
- A great game of chess with Isak.
- Printing off important forms at a kiosk.
- A cold sunshiny trip to the park for basketball and frolicking before hitting the library to fetch a movie we’d put on hold.
- Curling up on the couch for popcorn and fantasy flicks. 2 days ago
January 11, 2013
- Very pretty frost: Windshield crystals, pale leaves, and sparkly mushrooms
- Re-dabbling in Friday haiku after many, many weeks. Months. (Years?)
- Iris playing dress-up in big, shiny shoes (she’s 21 months old today!)
- Isak’s artwork, joydances, running up slides.
- Sunshine and friends in the park.
- Winter ale. 2 days ago
- A fun afternoon spent with friends and their adorable 1.5 year old son
- Another invitation for tomorrow
- Feeling rested
- Sunshine and summery temperatures
Sightseeing in Amsterdam2 days ago
A glass of ice cold OJ on a hot summers day. Sunshine on the outside and sips of liquid sunshine for the inside. 2 days ago
Probably not in chronological order and I’ve probably forgotten loads of stuff… damn that dodgy memory of mine
I am very happy for:
- Managing to pull off making a decent amount of baking and treats for a charity fund raiser at the last minute. (included washing a dish mountain, cleaning the kitchen and shopping). I’m really proud of myself for digging deep for a good cause
- Great timing – my groceries got delivered a couple of minutes after I got a call to collect my daughter from school because she wasn’t feeling well
- Going for a gym and swim with my daughter. I felt really terrible leading up to going, I was absolutely dreading it, but it was my daughter’s idea and I wouldn’t let her down. We had a good time and felt like we had achieved something worthwhile
- The smell of my neighbour’s BBQ wafting through the window… it always smells better than it tastes
- My daughter attended her annual school sports day and as she wasn’t taking part this year, she cheered enthusiastically from the sidelines. She got so into it that she wrote the name of her ‘House’ in large letters on her forehead, with black eyeliner. She did the 45 minute walk home on her own, with it still there. Usually she cares far too much about what others think of her, so that was major for her
- At the risk of giving myself a hernia, I moved some of my potted plants from the side of my house to my back garden, so that I can look at them more often. I like to look out of the window when I have my coffee
- My daughter managed to somehow accidentally kick the bath and badly bruised her toe and ripped half the nail off. She was worried about getting a band aid on it, but I advised her to let me and she told me that I had done it so gently and tenderly :D
- Not beating myself up for ‘missing’ my appointment
- Copious amounts of ripe strawberries
- My cat was sleeping under the covers with me, his face against mine and just as I was dropping off to sleep, I snored. He stared at me, then put his paw firmly over my mouth ;)
- Catching an old episode of Brideshead Revisited, by chance 2 days ago