FELT LIKE FOREVER !
A hard yet rewording month .
PAst Month of April ..
- Hours cut back a little due to the slow down of visitors this month to my town..
- EBT canceled .
- Car pretty much fell apart .
Had to replace my tires, get new breaks, and also rotors .
- Talked to my phone company and upgraded my phone .
Also was able to terminate some things so my bill is about 30$ less !
- Spent a lot of time working of projects at home and for free .
- Took care of my health appointments. And I’m healthy as can be .
- Got my teeth cleaned __
- Friends came to visit .
- My new place is completely organized .
- Started a garden too .
Garlic, tomatoes, green onions, chives, and rosemary so far .
[ Now for this month of May, I’m going to spend as little as I can. Hopefully, I’ll be able to travel in July and spend my $ on new & exciting things .. ] 3 weeks ago
A budget tells us what we can’t afford, but it doesn’t keep us from buying it. 3 weeks ago
Did an experiment this past month..
and (almost( every time I wanted to spend money on ;
- Limited car drives
- Unnecessary fun things
So , I would put that money in a jar
My boyfriend helped me by , hiding it too !
Opened it yesterday and there was about 200$ in there !
Yay, now I can actually buy things I NEED. 1 month ago
Slowly improving on the goal.
Finding different ways to spend less but still enjoy my lifestyle.
Cutting down habits too .. 1 month ago
So, payday is in two days and I’ve split what I’m expected to get into categories and total amounts. I’ve also put targets per week too, to ensure I don’t overspend at the beginning of the month.
Here are my categories:
- Bills including rent
- Houshold – cleaning products, light bulbs etc
- Personal – clothing, gifts, grooming (hair dye etc)
- Entertainment – films, music, art and craft supplies books etc
- Holiday – I’m not saving to pay for a holiday. James’ dad knows we both have little income, so takes us away for a week once a year, to which I’m really greatful. This money is put aside for spending while on holiday
My whole wage is accounted for. I am not saving anything yet. My objective is to clear my debt before I start saving as the interest you gain on savings is tiny compared with the interest that my creditors are charging, and that needs to be tackled first. 1 month ago
well… i stuffed it up a bit… electricity is turning out to cost 3 times more than budgeted. and i am panicking.. also my tax return was far less than it should have been.. and money is unaccounted for.. i don’t know what i am doing wrong :( 8 months ago
i hate to play to the stereotype of poor college student, but i am. in the past i have spent money very carelessly and it’s gotten me into a rough situation. so, i’ve planned where my money is going to go! i made an excel spreadsheet that i can fill in whenever i spend, and this will immensely help me keep track of my funds.
i made the spreadsheet to keep track of my money until december. 9 months ago
doing really well… in the plus and its almost half way through the month. lets hold thumbs. 10 months ago