Having struggled with academic and activist/emotional burnout the past year, I want to make sure I don’t face a similar experience again by surrounding myself with social support, potentially seeking therapy and learning how to manage my time/balance my life better. 4 years ago
...is to do something new every day (or so).
Today I will go to a reading. This is new. Not just the content of the reading. Me going to a reading itself is new.
I will take the bike. This is not new. But I will drive my bike a route I’ve never driven before. A new route. I’ve heard of this route yesterday and I will try it out for this occasion.
With my luck doing two new things on a single day will be so exhausting that I burn out more than ever ;-)
Or it will be so much fun that I can’t stop smiling until the upcoming weekend is over :-)
I think I’ll be heading for the smile… 8 years ago
I am still alive and kicking. Well, wriggling more or less since kicking would actually hurt ::giggles::
As an update:
- my husband knocked up his girlfriend and is looking to me as his escape
- my condo fees went up more than my income affords
- my back has been hurting like it has a vendetta against my body so sitting at the computer has been a literal pain
- i miss everyone
- my daughters are preteens officially in attitude (oh joy!)
- still attempting to get proper medical assistance
- car is now a debt that is more than it is worth
- the ex-friend has made paying off my other car her last priority (she is supposed to be buying it)
- three male friends I have talked to think I am ‘the one’ and won’t allow me to remain a friend but want more and are irritably insistent about it. arseholes.
having lamented and moaned I have had unbelievable favor
- i have a probono-divorce lawyer appointment Thursday
- funds have been pouring in from unexpected sources to cover the condo fee increase
- i am still creative and it is growing exponentially
- my kids are wonderful and healthy despite hitting puberty and acting like impish creatures
- i have had anonymous benefactors footing my doctor bills
- i have a friend who affirms and supports me
I am still tired.
Forgive me that I have not kept up with 43. Chances are I lost subscribers but it is understandable. I do hope everyone is well.
Ciao for now and not sure for how long,
dragonfly 8 years ago
and my co-writer just left my place.
Talk about late work sessions. 8 years ago
Jeez. When I close my eyelids, I see PDF letters dancing and floating all around. I let you picture when I have my (mad, blood-injected, scary) eyes open.
And my co-writer is not doing very well with the screenplay, so I’ll have to handle it.
I just have to hang on till the 15th of may. The 15th of may, aka The Deadline of All the Deadlines. My god ! The 15th of may is like what ? tomorrow ? in an hour ? and so damn bloody many things to be done !!!!
¤screams and runs in circles, arms raised in panick¤
¤and then collapses¤ 8 years ago
“An oak tree is an acorn that held its ground.”Duplantis
found it written in a tattered notebook of mine from early 1997… i’m aholdin’... clinging tenaciously.
you know what, i think i am going to make it. 9 years ago