Went to this place in Florida last year. It was a wonderful adventure!! 3 weeks ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
People doing thisSee everyone
I want to create some adventures over the next while.
These don’t have to be big ones either – there will be no bungee jumping for me, I’m sure of that one!
Adventure can mean different things to different people.
For me, this could mean a drive in the country on a whim (I tend to live a scheduled life, and that is ok, I shall try to mix it up a bit!) or trying new things (zumba class?) or revisiting activities, perhaps a cooking class?
Stay tuned! I think this will be very fun. :) 1 month ago
This sort of thing pops up when I’m (really) behind in my homework. Like right now.
There’s a pretty girl that lives downstairs and right now I feel like running away, selling all my stuff (hahaha…I have no stuff), buying an old van, and taking her with me on a perpetual road trip around the US and Canada.
But…college. Specifically, essay due tomorrow. Sigh… 4 months ago
Going to admitted student days at my college by myself
Going to check out a “haunted” bridge after dark with friends
It’s a start… 13 months ago
so jon and i drove up to visit jj at UCR who was hosting a party. somehow, we were responsible for bringing the liquor, (even though we were the youngest.) exasperation.
well, long story short, i, of all people, ended up asking two random strangers in the grocery store if they could do me a huuuuuuge favor, with the sweetest smile of course, and in a cute little black dress. they consented, i paid them outside, it was all good. jon and i even got an invite to the party that they were going to :)
funniest moment was actually a few weeks later, when jon called me up and asked,
“hey, remember that one time we drove up to riverside?
oh that’s right—no you don’t!”
Did about 16 miles of hiking, some pretty trails and leaves starting to change color. I haven’t camped in over 15 years! It was cold, got down to the low 30’s at night. Woke up twice at 4:30 AM to see the stars, amazing! The skies were clear, the moon had set, saw a number of shooting stars and learned new things about constellations. Saw for the first time through binoculars that the stars in the dagger of Orion’s belt are actually three stars close together for the grouping closest to his belt and two stars for the three lower down. Well worth braving the cold! 18 months ago
1. Skiing in Taos and buying my first pair of skis (that I fell in love with, K2 Burnin’ Love)
2. Flying to Richmond, VA to spend a weekend with a man I went to high school with, even though we didn’t know each other back then, we reconnected on a very honest and intimate level.
3. Spend my 50th birthday week in a beautiful house on the beach and arranged a family reunion.
4. Went Ocean Kayaking in La Jolla.
5. On my 50th birthday I decided I want to plan for more adventures and travel, including being open to the possibility of getting married again (!)
6. Completed a difficult ropes, tightrope, and obstacle challenge course in the treetops, 500 yards above the ground in Spicewood, TX.
7. Las Vegas for a girl’s weekend meeting my BFF from high school whom I had not seen for many years.
8. Yosemite hiking trip. 19 months ago
-Kickboxing or other martial arts form
-Trips with friends 19 months ago
we went to a pottery place and did some painting. it was creative,something different, and fun! 20 months ago
We rented a patoon boat on potoka lake last week. It was relaxing and fun, just us five girls. I swam down as deep as I could. It was the first time swimming in a lake for some of us. For me it was the first time swimming out in the middle of a lake! 22 months ago
My dog and I walked along a creek near the apartments as far as we could go before following it got difficult for a non prepared outfit and a little dog. 22 months ago