Space and Spaces 4/5/13
This is day 3 of my 6 day trip.
1. Started at the Tularosa Historical Society to walk through their museum & get information from the Chamber of Commerce to plan the day.
2. Had a mediocre breakfast burrito from Lotaburger. I got it with green sauce and something anyone who visits New Mexico needs to know is that you have to choose between red and green sauce for almost all food served here. They are both pretty good and not too spicy, but green sauce is my favorite. Going here served it’s purpose since we were in a hurry and there was a lot to do today.
3. Drove to the New Mexico Museum of Space History to see the Hubble movie at the Imax Theater. This movie is so amazing it made me cry. Yes, I do cry when a star is born. I had a personal connection with the Hubble Space Telescope because I participated in the campaign to save the Hubble which is documented in the movie. Amazing, amazing, amazing.
4. Walked through the museum and enjoyed seeing all the testing that occurred at White Sands Missile Range including the fastest human alive and testing of the Apollo space capsule. It also had a beautiful view of where we were going next.
5. Drove to White Sands National Monument. Walking and getting lost in the miles and miles of space covered with gypsum sands, it reminded me of Lawrence of Arabia. Hot and dry, but lucky for us no wind and blowing sand. We spent about 4 hours here, but we could have spent a lot more.
6. Ate dinner at Golden Corral and it was the right choice because after all the hiking we did, we were hungry. I especially liked the chicken fajitas. I had to go back for 2nds.
7. Picked up some snacks & drinks for tomorrow since we are not going to be close to any store until late in the day.
8. Spent the rest of the evening talking with Chris and playing with her dog Felix, A full size Airedale terrier. Felix loved to take our socks and shoes and rearrange them around the house and was otherwise adorable.
6. ❤ Called Tiwa and told her I love her. ❤3 weeks ago