It’s dripping again. Never ask a man to do a woman’s job. LOL10 months ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.homecarepro.com/ Licensed & insured home repair for the Palm Beaches. Free estimate.
It seems there are alot of top ten lists for everything. I have culled through some of them and this is what I have.
1. Learn to fix a leaky faucet. A leaky faucet at night can be torture.
2. Learn how to locate a stud. Not the kind on two legs (lol). The method to learn is not the thumping on the wall, or the use of a studfinder (which you can never find). I want to be able to measure from point to point and be accurate.
3. Unclog a sink. Manually not with Drano.
4. Hardwire a light fixture.
5. Know which breaker to turn off in an emergency.
6. Use a fire extinguisher
7. Know where the main water and electrical shutoffs are. This also includes how to turn off the gas, and irrigation controls.
8. Know how to stop an overflow toilet.
9. Know how to change out a fluid master.
10. Know how to install a door knob. This is good thing to know for those times you want to paint the door and not paint over the door knob. I’m sometimes impatient. I just paint a square around a round knob.
10. 15 months ago
Trotted down to the local Lowe’s Department store. After finally deciding upon a pre-hung door, my friend and I went home to install the thing. It was not pretty. The door sort of leans sideways; and the gaps and spaces in between the headers and frame are ginormous. It will have to come down and we will start over tomorrow. It is a good thing that I am patient. But that patience will last only so long. 16 months ago
Refresher in painting. Prep prep prep, prime, and paint. With great care. Use good tools. And clean up the mess afterwards. Lesson learned: there is an art to spackling and adding texture to a wall. Well, I don’t have it. My nephew helped me. 16 months ago
1. Tighten all loose screws around the house.
2. Spackle the hole behind front door.
3. Install doorstop behind front door.
4. Install towel rack in guest bathroom. 21 months ago
Money is all about creating or delivering value to someone else. I can’t think of any better way to flip a few dollars than by creating personal value.
And why want when you can learn to provide?
When a friend was in need I took the time to learn a thing or two about there problem and went to it.
Next up, comparison shopping. 21 months ago
It is one of those orange hardback books from Home Depot. It is titled “Home Improvement 1-2-3. Lots of basic information inside. 21 months ago
Put together a modest tool kit. Just starting with the basic pieces. Screwdrivers, wrenches, a couple of pliers, hammers. Alot of the items were donated or I found at the thrift store. As long as they work. I will color coordinate them later. 23 months ago