it will be all here from now on: http://www.43things.com/things/view/25215/satisfy-my-wanderlust 12 months ago
So I found a couple of useful resources online today to help me set a budget, fine tweak my Portuguese (and not mix it with the spanish and the Italian I already speak well) and re-reading a trvel guide I’ve had for years.
enough with the dreaming, it’s time for some action: set a budget, book a room at a local aprtment building, buy a cheap airplane tocket grab the (light) suitcase and GO! 12 months ago
I get to do some traveling this summer, now that I’m pretty sure I’ll have a job in August.
First I’ll be going with the Man to Sequoia National Park, where I haven’t been since I was in elementary school. The Man has never even been in woods (he grew up in Florida), so I’m excited to go tromping through the redwoods with him. Definitely also going to hit up Crystal Cave and the stalactites that you can play tunes on.
Then I’ll be flying solo out to Chicago – where I have ALSO never been – to visit a friend of mine who just had a baby. I am a little less excited about this one because really, babies, not my thing. But I haven’t seen my friend in a while, and I’ve never gotten to go to Chicago. Hopefully I’ll be able to stay with my friend’s younger sister, who does not have a newborn. A week away from the Man makes me a little sad, because I always have more fun when he’s around…but we’re taking our own vacation, so it’s all good.
I just have to survive two more weeks! 2 years ago
- Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam
- Colorado Springs – learn to snowboard/ski, hot air balloon festival
- Devil’s Postpile
- Climb Half Dome @ Yosemite
- Sequoia National Park and Crystal Cave – COMPLETED JULY 2012
- Catalina – zipline, parasailing, flying fish!
- Lake Tahoe
- Rio Grande River gorge (Taos, NM)
- Key West, FL – snorkel/glass bottom boat, parasailing
- Hearst Castle (San Luis Obispo, CA) – COMPLETED JULY 2013
- Las Cruces hot springs in Santa Barbara (or other California hot springs )
- learning to snowboard in Mammoth or Big Bear
- Channel Islands (maybe kayaking trip?)
- whale watching
- Carlsbad flower fields – COMPLETED APRIL 20133 years ago