I finally got a chance to walk across the Vincent Thomas Bridge! I’ve been wanting to go this for a few years. The bridge doesn’t have pedestrian access, so this is a pretty big deal. The only was to cross it on foot is the annual run that they have.
I’m so happy to have this bridge off my list, and it’s amazing that I finished in two hours.. I was taking so many pictures! And I wasn’t the last person either!
Can’t wait to post to flicker!! :)) 8 months ago
I finally got one of the things off my list that I’ve been wanting to do .. f o r e v e r..
Gosh I haven’t been here since I was a kid!
The grilled chicken sandwich was good.. was way too full for an ice cream sundae.. Somehow that just seems wrong lol.
(The group next to me did order a Pig Trough though.. wow, I forgot about those :) 9 months ago
I got another Greyhound ticket.. San Francisco here I come!
I really like the idea of letting someone else drive, on so many different levels. Sure there’s pros and cons to going Greyhound, and some of the stuff that people say is true. Some of it is blown out of proportion. Either way I think it’s a great way to go for a solo traveler.
(plus you don’t have to worry about parking your car!) 10 months ago
My new friend from the country saloon..
He’s awfully quiet. And he doesn’t move much.
(hint: he’s a dummy) 10 months ago
Trip to Sacramento!
I never really thought about taking a trip to Sacramento until I heard about the Greyhound $2 special in the LA Times. I’ve been wanting to check out the Governor’s Mansion ever since I heard it was on the California State Park Closure List. And I got to see it for 2 bucks.. how cool is that!
Walked around Old Town Sacramento, walked across the bridges (wow that was a blast), checked out River Walk, saw the state capitol, capitol park, found street art, and saw the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament. Had dinner & a drink in an old town saloon with red velvet wallpaper, an old time piano, and a good ol country bar. What a great way to end the day ;) 10 months ago
I’m putting it on this goal b/c it seems like the best spot.
I read this amazing article about Terminal Island -it’s rich history & buildings. Apparently it made a preservation group’s national list as one of the most endangered historical places. TI is one of those places you see the signs for all the time but have no idea what it is or how to get there.
Well I have to say HIGHLY overrated! I found cannery row and only found only ONE old building that looked interesting. Everything was deserted (which I expected) and the place was a dump. Literally. I was so disappointed. Where was the nostalgia? Definitely not here lol. And the preservationist (in the article) was concerned about them doing road work that would raze some of the old buildings? Come on, are you serious??? Have you actually WALKED around the area lately??!! It’s not a ghost town, it’s a dump.
...and that “restaurant” that’s on Google Maps?It turns out it’s a sundry /liquor /Chinese food restaurant with a sign in the window that says it’s open 7 days a week, but was closed lol.
But at least I went. I saw. Now I can check that off my list. :) 11 months ago
37. Visit Griffith Park Fern Dell.
I read a out this in one of my hiking guides & there was an article in the LA Times last Sunday. I’m hooked .. it sounds marvelous. 14 months ago
36. Go to Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlor 16 months ago
33. Create Christmas art – do paper cutouts, make mini Christmas trees (stencils?), draw, decorate more – done
34. Go to the opera again (?see more mini operas?)
35. Post more pictures on Flikr /make more photo albums
Re #29 – It was so wonderful being at Mission Inn again, I felt like I was home. The lights are absolutely spectacular, what a great way to spend Christmas. 17 months ago
29. Go back to Mission Inn for Festival of Lights – done
I did this for my birthday 2 years ago and had a fabulous time. I want to do this again & bask in the beauty of the holiday spirit.
30. Walk around Candy Cane Lane in Torrance
31. Go cave exploring
32. Listen to chamber music in historical places. – I’m thinking about buying tickets for the Bradbury Building. There’s so many wonderful places to choose from. The acoustics in this this building are amazing.
? Make reindeer paper cut outs? 17 months ago
Re #26 – I just received their catalog in the mail. Honestly, I forgot this was on the list.
Maybe I’ll do this Sunday after church .. what a way to spend a Sunday afternoon, delighting in decadent chocolate! 17 months ago
Dine at Father’s Office – done
This wasn’t on my list but I’m adding it because it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while – I wanted to check it out ever since I read about it in LA Times.
We were checking out furniture at Room & Board in culver city and happened to run across it – super cool!
Mmmm… their hamburgers rock! 18 months ago
26. Go to Vosges chocolate boutique in Beverly Hills :)
27. Look at furniture at Room & Board in Costa Mesa – done
28. Buy a FABULOUS python bracelet that I absolutely love! 18 months ago
25. Watch a vaudeville-type show – There’s a couple of groups that I’ve heard about, one of which played at the Standard on New Years Eve. They travel around the country putting on funky, crazy, zaney acts.. it sounds like fun! 19 months ago
24. Vegas – I just went to Vegas for the first time in YEARS. Oh my gosh I forgot how much fun it is. I’m not a big gambler, I like all the hotels and stores & glitz. :)
I drove out here on my own, and had a fabulous time. I had a chance to stop and explore a couple side trips (pictures pictures pictures). This trip I explored the Stratosphere, went to the top and took pictures, visited 2quality chocolate shops,ate at Max Brenner’s and attended a family reunion /country ho-down to celebrate a birthday
I want to start coming here on a regular basis. There’s so much to see and do, it’s amazing. I feel like I’m in heaven. 19 months ago
16. Spend the day just taking pictures of people as I see them
17. Visit the original Bob’s Big Boy in Downey on vintage car night -* done*
18. Ride my bike to breakfast
19. Be in a food fight
20. Stay at a cabin at Convict Lake
21. Try or Bake a 7up bunt cake
22. ??? Go hunting (only for herd contol)
23. Skeet shooting 20 months ago
1. Go horseback riding -done
2. Don the Beachcomber’s bar/rest
3. Art Theater on 4th
4. Ice cream desert off the Longboard Surf Truck
5. A fantastic creation fm Sweet e’s Bake Shop
6. Watts Towers
7. Noe – downtown LA
8. Bendix Bldg
9. Architectural walking tour – LA
10. Architectural walking tour – Pasadena
11. Make my own pop tarts
12. Take a cooking class (again)
13. Sip – Renaissance Hotel lobby
14. Stay at Mr C’s (hotel) – Beverly Hills
15. Wilshire Blvd tour 20 months ago