(These things seem to help me when I’m working to lose weight and have helped me to keep weight off.)
1. No carbohydrates after 6 pm.
2. No eating after 8 pm.
3. Drink a glass of water or cup of herbal tea within half an hour of waking up in the morning.
4. Limit intake of grains to 1 serving per day.
5. Eat 5 small meals per day.
6. Eat meals at roughly the sane times each day.
7. Drink 2 litres of water per day.
8. No wheat except for on special occasions. Eat a diet low in glutens.
9. Limit intake of sweets to one serving per week, to be enjoyed on Saturday or Sunday as a reward for eating well throughout the week.
10. Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and 5 servings of vegetables daily.
11. Average 1200 calories per day.
12. Limit dairy intake to no more than 1 serving per week.
13. Eat 1-3 servings of beans per week.
14. Be sure to get enough protein daily.
15. Have an extra-low calorie day once every 2 weeks.
16. Always leave something uneaten on the plate.
17. Never eat more than a fist-size serving of food in one sitting.
18. Always order the smallest size when eating out.
19. Drink a glass of water 15 minutes before eating and again 1 hour after.
20. Brush teeth immediately after eating dinner.
21. Limit alcohol intake to no more than 2 drinks on 1 night and no more than 1 evening of drinking for every 7-14 days.
22. Add cayenne pepper to foods whenever possible.
23. No fried foods. 18 months ago