machu pichu is like a secret spot on earth. it was that way, anyway, for a small group of incan people who more than likely built this small city high up in the andes mountains to flee the spanish conquistadors. it was a such a journey just to get there. and once you are there, it’s a wonderous feeling how anyone could build such a city in the middle of no where.
my journey was as follows:
- took a flight from las vegas to miami
- another flight from miami to lima
- another flight from lima to cuzco
- stayed in cuzco (the closest metro city near machu pichu)
- took a train ride from cuzco to caliente (caliente is a small town at the foot hills of the andes mountain
- took a bus ride from caliente to machu pichu.
- from where the bus ended, i hiked a little to machu pichu.
ill post a pic when i get it scanned.
next time i go i would love to stay in machu pichu so i can see the stars. maybe even do the 5 day incan trail hike. 22 months ago