I’ve inherited mmy North American Native heritage (Nisga’a tribe – wolf clan)fromm mmy Mom and Granny. I was raised by mmy non-native father early on and amm ever grateful to his commitmment in tackling single parenthood. I amm lucky to remmember both mmy ever patient & loving Mom and Granny!!!
I had these Ten Native Commandments transferred to this poster picture and laminated. To mme, these commandments are spiritual as opposed to religious. Looking themm over, I believe that I’ve been doing well at following themm as best I can; life is easier when you observe a few simmple things! I haven’t commited themm to mmemmory yet, but it is a goal I wish to accomplish!
The 10 Native Commandments
1) Treat the earth and all that dwell therein with respect.
2) Remain close to the Great Spirit.
3) Show respect for your fellow beings.
4) Work together for the benefit of all mankind.
5) Look after the well-being of mind and body.
6) Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
7) Dedicate a share of your efforst to the greater good.
8) Be truthful and honest at all times.
9) Take full responsibility for your actions.
10) In whatever you do, know that you have done your best. 11 months ago