This is a ‘catch all’ sort of an update and it’s likely to be pretty jumbled!
- As I said in my last post, I got a new job, which is a pretty happy event in itself. The fact that I’m really enjoying it makes it an awesomely happy thing.
- Over the past 3 weeks, having done an immense amount of interviewing, I’ve been able to tell 11 people that they also have jobs…trust me, that is the most amazing feeling! I felt like some kind of early Santa, but better ;P
- Everything is set for going to Copenhagen…we fly out Monday (still got to pack but all the other important stuff is in place).
- Looking forward, in a massive way, to choosing and sending postcards to the wonderful people who helped make this possible when I couldn’t see how it could be done. Now I’m employed I eagerly anticipate opportunities to pay the kindness and generosity forward.
- Had a visit from my Big Bro’ who lives many miles away in Scotland; took a lovely trip with him, Joy, Mum, younger nephew & his fiancee to the German market in the city centre, drank Glühwein, sang Christmassy songs and came home with a face that ached from smiling so broadly.
- Went to the little, local switch on of Christmas lights…got slightly teary listening to the gorgeous children’s choir (school choirs always get me that way!), saw Santa arrive in a fire engine and ambled home by starlight, arm in arm with loved ones.
- Put up my Christmas tree and decorations which I planned to photograph and tell you all about…I make my own wreaths & garlands…but time does not permit. You’ll just have to trust me when I say my home looks fit for an upmarket magazine cover ;-)
- Made a bunch of Christmas presents, which I also intended to go into some detail about for this goal but again, time does not currently permit. Maybe at a later date. For now you will have to be content with knowing that this year I decided to make hampers with (all homemade) jars of hot chocolate mix, personalised coasters, mugs (ok, I didn’t make the mugs!), gingerbread men & women (the dough’s in the freezer waiting to be baked and decorated closer to the time), and I will be making chocolate teaspoons and chocolate dipped peppermint creams. I’m really pleased with how things have turned out so far.
- Also made a hollowed out book for Son’s birthday (thanks Ratty…you gave me the idea in one of your posts). Pictures of this are almost certain to follow! I’ll be filling it with rum, gold chocolate coins and other nonsense. His birthday is Monday, the day we leave for Copenhagen, so I’ll be leaving it as a surprise for him when he gets back from work. I feel a bit bad that I won’t be here for it but he’s been great about it; he’s a good lad!
- Got my older nephew some help that he desperately needed and am pleased and relieved to say he’s starting to stabilise mentally. It’s a long way to go yet before he could be deemed ‘better’ but when things have been as bad as they have for him, any improvement is fantastic; at least we’ve got him started on the right path.
I’m sure there’s lots more but I’m falling asleep on my keyboard and can’t think right now!
I’m going to be really busy for at least the next month but will drop in as and when I can. I’ll most certainly want to post about the Copenhagen trip :-) For the time being please know that I miss you all so very much and think of you most days.
Sending you love and good thoughts.
x 5 months ago