How I did it: I can see several keys to my success:
Read how I did it… 20 months ago
- Stick with it. Even though I was learning in spare hours here and there, continuing to attempt progress certainly helped.
- Find a support group. The assistance and encouragement of my local NSCoderNight group was invaluable. People really do want to help those who are trying to help themselves.
- Read a lot. I read numerous books and web articles about the things I wanted to learn. It didn't always sink in the first time, but reading other books and articles on the same subject, with different wording and a different perspective, really helped it sink in with repetition and context.
- Take time off. If you really want to boost your learning, take some time off from your job to concentrate on that and that alone for a week or two.
- Write an app that you're passionate about. Even if you don't feel you know enough to write an app yet, the act of writing an app forces you to learn what you need to do to get the app done, and really speeds things along. The three weeks I took off work to code all day and put my first app out into the world was the best boost to my programming knowledge so far.
started a tutorial on Objective C, finished that and am now doing iOS4. I would just like to recommend this tutorial set I found on YouTube. Simply awesome! and it’s not just Obj C but a whole lot more.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston 2 years ago