1. I was pink.
2. I got 113.7 points.
3. Its friday. 16 hours ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
People doing thisSee everyone
- Mr. K is making good progress putting in the grout in the kitchen floor. It’s the last big project we have to finish before we can list our house for sale.
- I felt good after running/walking yesterday morning.
- Spending some time reading. 22 hours ago
1. Walking down a beautiful avenue of trees near my office that reminds me of when I was a child and my parents told me stories of imps, fairies and goblins in a similar avenue of trees. I still see those magical creatures among the leaves.
2. Reading in an OH report that the atmosphere in the office has improved since a new manager started – that’s me!
3. A wonderful dinner, wine, open fire and hours of chatting with a former staff member who is now a lovely friend.
1. Waking up late and it not really mattering.
2. Being told by a staff member that the team says I am supportive and have a reputation for getting things done that other managers haven’t done.
3. Colouring with Ems, talking Pokemon and reading Narnia with Jimmers and chatting with K when she got home late.
1. Being woken by a chattering 4 year old who wanted to do colouring at 6am!
2. Being able to talk about my recent break-up with a smile, no tears and no hard feelings.
3. An evening alone just to be and do whatever I fancy! 23 hours ago
1. Watching some netflix instead of scrubbing the floors. I know the floors won’t go away and I’ll take care of it today.
2. Being awake when Harlan got home. Barely.
3. Overall, a quiet kind of day. 1 day ago
1. Only half day subbing
2. Sophie and Will had student council after school so I got some quiet time before they got home
3. I made a yummy risotto for dinner 1 day ago
1. The absence of one child. Made for a wonderful day.
2. Getting a present from a couple of kids who had their very last day ever.
3. Got around to trying to ‘organize’ a kitchen drawer. I read about it on a blog, taking cardboard boxes and covering them in wrapping paper or contact paper and using them as little storage compartments to help sort things out. The drawer looks a lot better now, whether or not it will actually work out, I don’t know.
1. The last day for a particular child.
2. Learning one of our summer children has been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome. They were diagnosed and being treated for something else, but me and another coworker thought they had it. I brought it up to her one day last year and before I could say what Asperger’s popped out of her mouth. I told my boss about it, she just kind of dismissed it. But the mom told us today they were diagnosed with it and is now getting treatment for that and just how much a difference there is in the child and how she had wished she’d known years ago.
3. Going to the library on work time. We had a borrowed training video for work that needed return so I volunteered to take it back. Got some books and a couple of movies while I was there too.
4. Playing ‘tag’ with the kids. I didn’t actually run and try to get them (last time I did that I twisted my ankle, it’s been over a month and is just now getting better), but I walked in a big circle around the playground and they would come around and I would try to reach out for them. I would sit down and do something else or ‘sleep’ and ‘trick’ them when they came around. For whatever reason they thought that was hilarious.
5. Went shopping after work. A nice, take however long I want, use my coupons with no griping, shopping trip.
6. Got the pantry cleaned and organized tonight. Looks so much better, not too mentioned easier to find things. 1 day ago
1. Sarah and I had Coronas with our Chipotle
2. Cocktails with high school classmates to plan our reunion. Surreal and fun and annoying all at the same time…
3. Falling asleep to bad paranormal investigation shows on SyFy again 1 day ago
1. I subbed in the awful kindergarten class; we took a walking field trip to the public library and FOUR, count ‘em FOUR adults were scheduled to chaperone. Meanwhile, we met another K class coming down as we walked back and there was just their teacher with them. Yes, they were that bad. Anyway, we all made it through and the regular teacher hugged me yesterday when she saw me!
2. The 6th grade band had a concert with the junior high bands and choir. All the groups were actually really good!
3. We had a late dinner of salad, bread, homemade vegetable soup and leftover-mashed-potato pancakes and it was so good. Oh, also a glass of wine :) 1 day ago
Staying home sick to rest!!! Missing a lunch with the COO of my company which would’ve been uncomfortable!!! :)
Discovering a bag of pita chips I forgot I had purchased!!:)
Making a fruit / spinach smoothie!!! My new fav thing ever since becoming roommates with a girl who has a nutribullet :). strawberries, 1/2 banana, spinach, a little water, sometimes 1/4 scoop of whey protein powder if I’m feeling like I’m in a protein mood. :) 1 day ago
1. Emailing with Sam, making plans for work in the summer.
2. Rain was nice, but the storms nearby created some killer tornadoes. Luckily, no one I knew was hurt, but there were some incredible pictures.
3. Less than a week to Kansas City!
This is a picture a friend took near Granbury. 2 days ago
1. I took a sick day. I texted the boss Sunday who called my coworker and she said she could work in my place.
2. Plenty of sleep
3. Got caught up on a couple of shows on Hulu. I’m two weeks behind at the moment.
1. A good night with the husband
2. Kids’ laughter. I don’t understand why something is so funny to them a lot of the time, but just hearing that laughter brings a smile to my face.
3. I moved a bookshelf upstairs to the balcony area. I got rid of a lot of books and emptied it out, then it kind of just became a storage zone in the living room. We were originally going to move it into the office/future nursery, then that changed to the bedroom to house video games, but I decided yesterday that the small balcony would be a good place. So it now houses my jigsaw puzzles on the bottom two shelves, scrapbooks and pictures on the top shelf, and a heart tray and fire extinguisher on the top. Ignore the dirty, dusty table. I need to clean it off and move it out away from the shelf some more.2 days ago
- Very nice weather. Took the dog on a two-mile walk which we both enjoyed.
- My Daughter sent a video of one of the band’s performanced in Smsterdam. Fun
- Then a pleasant surprise, she called me agaim! She sounds tored but having fun on her quick tour of Europe.! 2 days ago
1. Even though Sagan got up at 5:30 I got tons of work done in the studio. Or, on the studio, rather.
2. Sagan got heartburn after a nap. That’s not good, but now that he can tell me where it hurts I know when he wakes up screaming it’s because he needs pickles or bananas and I need to put him back on the pillow when he slides off, not because he’s having nightmares about the hospital.
It’s much easier to fix heartburn than nightmares.
3. Every time I thought he was asleep and stopped reading to him he asked for “more books”. 3 days ago
1. Being able to straighten out what the boss thinks I said (their son works for them and is a Mr-I-Am-The-Law type) with what I actually said. I got docked $500 thanks to the son putting his own words in my mouth. I won’t get the money back, though.
2. Getting a few extra hours in the off season thanks to an extention wanting to come in when I wasn’t scheduled.
3. Catching up on dvr stuff without stress. 3 days ago
1. I ate curry.
2. I ate candy.
3. I made a deal with hunter that I will give him a lego gollum for a Mr.Gold. 3 days ago
1. A positive supervision with an organised, motivated, happy and hard working member of staff.
2. Just when I was feeling sad due to certain song ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ came on and I found myself laughing out loud to myself in the car.
3. Special 121 time with Ems this eve, we made Jungle Book Jigsaws, played fairies (Ems imaginative game), she practiced reading with me and I read her 2 chapters of The Folk of the Faraway Tree. 3 days ago
1. The bad kid was in suspension in the 2nd grade class where I subbed
2. Made a yummy curry for dinner
3. When you don’t get to relax until after 9pm because of your busy day, it feels even better! 3 days ago
1. Cool, sunny day for working in Mom’s yard mowing, raking and trimming
2. I realized that my sisters and I have gotten a lot closer in this time of helping my mom
3. Sarah and I drove her new boyfriend’s car around back country roads and through old cemeteries first alone and then with the girls watching a movie on the dvd player in the back (yes, it was a cool car) and then with Jack, Sam and Charlie in the way back with the sticks they’d picked up at the creek. A nice Spring Sunday afternoon 3 days ago
1. Sarah and I grocery shopped together
2. Afternoon with my mom and then home to make a yummy dinner for us: the tilapia that everyone likes and asaparagus from the garden
3. Everyone at home :) 3 days ago
1. I figured out there’s a difference between, “Puss Cat” and “Porch Catch”. One sounds like, “Puss Cat” and the other sounds like, “Puss Cats”. So we played Puss Cats. I mean Porch Catch.
2. The sun is turning Sagan from sugar to caramel.
3. He’s been fake crying lately, and yesterday I called him on it by laughing and accusing him of fake crying until he gave up, laughed and said, “OK”. He’s pretty good at it, though. He shouldn’t have opened one eye to see if I noticed he was “crying”. 4 days ago
1. Finding out I get an extra day on the paycheck. It’s not much, but every day counts.
2. Getting some studying done.
3. Getting some reading done. I seriously love my kindle. 4 days ago
- Mother’s Day greetings from both of my kids. Especially good to talk to my Darling Daughter as she called me from Belgium on Skype!
- Surviving The Road Trip from Hell, Mr. K and I arrived safely back in Denver. We had gotten a flat tire in Wells Nevada so we successfully drove over 600 miles on the donut spare tire.
- We had lunch at an excellent place in Laramie, right by the old railroad tracks. Gotta love Urbanspoon for its restaurant recommendations. 4 days ago
1. Being able to leave work early on Friday when I wasn’t feeling well.
2. Feeling a little better every day.
3. Black Ops 2 with friends.
4. The husband was gone most of the weekend. (Although that is probably more of a sad thing that I’m happier spending time alone than with him.)
5. Husband picking me up some food because I did not feel good enough to cook. 5 days ago
1. Love from both my sons. And Harlan, too.
2. Sadly, one of the stray cats died under the house. Happily, Harlan got it out of there so it quit stinking things up.
3. Being able to sleep with the windows open. That season ends far too quickly.
My eldest turns 40 this year. I thought of him when I found this. 5 days ago
1. I appear to have forgotten all about Friday. What was I doing? Was it fun? I bet it was!
2. Talking with Connie and cheering her on.
3. A lovely day. No rain, but lots of blue sky and breezes. 5 days ago
1. I found a Scareowl with a bobblehead, finally, for the garden.
2. Now that my email inbox is clean I didn’t miss a $10 coupon from Zazzle so I was able to order 3 things for 43 cents.
- It was nice to see Papa take a much needed 3 hour nap, even if it was because he was sick from the takeout chicken. (I’d use the “it’s nice to be vegetarian” line here but after working in produce I now know you’re just as likely to get sick on improperly washed raw veggies as you are on improperly cooked chicken.)
- Sagan asked me to read his new Puss in Boots books outside.
- It was 70F and at this time of year it appears there is a sunny spot on the porch for a few hours in the afternoon, and it’s one of those long, Southern porches with rails and a gate so I can let Sagan loose on it and he has room to run and play.
- ...so after reading I got to bake in the sun a little and still play catch.
- Sagan will put up with Mommy in a hat if I do a bunch of Mommy things in it like beeping his nose and singing. 5 days ago