Am proud to say that I am almost there … Hee.. at least I am starting to naturally gravitate towards the center when I am driving. Will still continue to practise and hope to be able to improve my spatial awareness and judgment :) 5 days ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
People doing thisSee everyone
Hmm..finally thought I was driving in the center..till I realised that I am just more used to driving closer to the left side of the lane now compared to the past when I was leaning towards the right side of the lane. Hmm..will continue to check my side mirrors to make sure I am in the center. But, I am glad that I am improving in my perception:) 1 week ago
Been watching the way I drove and I finally realised that I actually fear driving with the steering approximately near the centre of the road..it actually felt like I was close the left side of the road when I was actually in the centre of the lane. Trying to improve my perception. Will continue trying till I get used to being in the centre of the lane! 2 weeks ago
Plan: To focus on sensing the positioning of my car as I drive and focus on being in the center of the lane.
Progress: I realised that I can actually be in the center when I focus. When I just drive without bothering, I naturally tend towards the right side. Will continue to focus on being in the centre for the next 21 days till it becomes a habit and it becomes a norm for me. 3 weeks ago
Obstacles as I learnt to drive again:
- problems turning right
- changing lanes
- forgetting to check blind spot
- didn’t check to see if there were cyclists or pedestrians crossing when turning
- didn’t check before moving across zebra crossing
- can’t filter when there is heavy traffic
- can’t park
- fear of multi-storey carpark and narrow lanes
- impatient and panicky
- more patience as it did not help to save that few seconds.
- recognise the need to regulate my emotions and stress. Can’t focus when I am preoccupied.
- can’t gauge very well..may not always drive in the centre of the lane.
- tend to underestimate and try to speed off when it was already amber.
Very, very sad that I can’t do better. Must say that I still feel stressed when those who are critical sit in my car. And tend to do things that are not helpful and make more mistakes :(
Hope to learn to be mindful and be able to relax more when driving! 3 weeks ago
Hi now i have 2 years driving! It’s easy. I remembered when i was afraid of that I learned it in just one week. To me is so relaxing drive on the freeway 13 months ago