new job , the one thats put me one the right road ensha2Allah. 3 days ago
People doing thisSee everyone
- Updated resume and cover letter, updated LinkedIn profile.
- Decided on what I wanted to do and in what region.
- Searched for a many positions to apply for as possible.
- Searched for and contacted as many recruiting companies as possible.
- Sent in applications as quickly as possible after I found new positions. (Had a standard cover letter but changed it slightly for every application).
- Had an Excel file (can just as well be pen and paper) where I wrote down company name, contact person, position, what actions I had done (called, sent in applications, any communication received etc). This was important to me so I knew what I had done and where/when I needed to follow up.
- Told DH about what I had accomplished during each day and any results.
I was let go from my previous job due to drastic cut-downs/profitbility issues. I knew this would happen long beforehand and I was financially prepared so not really worried. I also had a nice manager/company owner who let me take a lot of time during work (since there was so little to do) to apply for jobs and go to interviews.
I went to a several interviews and in the end I landed a job that seems tough, fun, and better paid than previous. Feels good but also overwhelming/a bit scary. But mostly good :-) 1 week ago
get free feedback from this service topresume.com 3 months ago
I need just one job that meets my needs. This one ain’t it… So I am still looking, although I work in a prestigious company… 3 months ago