I’m going to find at least one thing everyday that I’m grateful for.
Today I am grateful for:
-My husband taking care of our daughter so I could take a nap
-Naps in general
-Living near the beach, the ocean always seems to soothe the soul
-Toddler kisses 4 weeks ago
1) Felt GREAT after my workout this morning
2) Compliment from barista at coffee shop about how gorgeous I looked =)
3) Compliment from another barista at same coffee shop about having great hair
4) I like my outfit and make-up today
5) Getting work done, being productive
6) Signed up for an apprenticeship with a very strong mentor! Very excited about this as it will be a real opportunity to get more experience teaching high-level literature/culture courses and will give me an edge when intermediate-level course are available for TA’s to teach
7) Structured day today with a job to go to
8) Compliment on my outfit from random guy on street: I like this wayyy more than creepy comments about my body.
9) Loads of coupons on products I buy anyway
10) Productive day
11) Spoke to my dad 4 months ago
1) Some good deal on drugstore make-up. Love getting new make-up that’s inexpensive.
2) Got paid :-)
3) Gaining experience as a private tutor.
4) I’m on vacation from my official time-consuming job for the next three weeks or so.
5) This means I have time to work on Spanish, art, music and work on being healthy.
6) Weather has not been too hot.
7) I re-stocked my favorite chai tea
8) Chicken burgers waiting to be cooked, mmm
8) Electric bill was low. Yay for not using the A/C and staying cool with a fan. 4 months ago
1) New make-up. Got this gorgeous pink and grey shadow set for $2. I love sales.
2) I am drinking coffee.
3) Compliment from girl at counter when I was getting my coffee. She said my hair was beautiful. Great compliment, on a day when I was feeling a bit messy and unkempt because my hair was still slightly damp (as usual) and this coffee shop was full of people on their way to work.
4) I love my short, artsy nails
5) Day to myself 4 months ago
1) Students really liked the presentation I put together for them with images of our collective everyday pleasures
2) Drinking amazing coffee at beautiful chic dessert boutique
3) Sunny but not excessively warm weather
4) Free refills on coffee in this shop
5) Loads of fashion inspiration – lots of stylish girls and women walking around in creative and cute outfits.
6) Very nice recommendation from a former student on LinkedIn
7) I will be teaching a course that I like and that I can teach really well and enthusiastically in the Fall
8) I may complain about public transport but I am glad that this city at least has a system that works quite efficiently and that I can get around and visit places I am curious about. 4 months ago
1) I remembered how nice it is to drink iced water on very hot humid days
2) Gorgeous natural soap, very fresh clean scent
3) New drugstore make-up: my favorite
4) Inky pens in summer colors
5) Got hit on when I went out
6) Living situation for next year sorted out
7) I am preparing for class wearing nothing but a huge loose tank top and I feel relaxed 4 months ago
1) Amazing coffee this morning. Perfect flavor, temperature, consistency, just wonderful.
2) Tasty lunch.
3) Productive day: taught, tutored, got work for my independent study done, printed stuff.
4) Did yoga in the morning.
5) Compliment on dress + guy tried to chat me up his morning 4 months ago
1) Started off morning with tea and breakfast
2) Got to see sunrise from balcony
3) I love the scent of my dish washing liquid
4) Time to finish off little tasks before the day starts
5) Favorite TV show is on today
6) Yesterday when I clumsily knocked down a display at the grocery store, this really nice fellow shopper offered to help me. I didn’t help to tidy it up, but it was still a nice gesture. 4 months ago
1) Good intense workouts
2) Lots of nutritious veggies in my fridge
3) I feel rested
4) Full ice bucket
5) Long weekends 4 months ago
1) Exercising and sweating helped make me feel a little less lonely, angry and despondent
2) Nice sunny weather
3) My arms feel much stronger than they did even a couple of months ago
4) I fixed a rip in my workout pants: one task off the list
5) I had time to sleep and relax today 4 months ago
1) Good workout
2) Iced tea in the summer
3) Storm was severe but didn’t cause any severe damage to my place; didn’t lose power, which I’ve worried about
4) Tasty dinner
5) Microwave is fixed 4 months ago
1) Saw old friend. He was genuinely excited to see me, gave me a hug and a sincere compliment about my outfit.
2) Ran into an acquaintance today; she also greeted me enthusiastically, stopped to chat, and complimented me on my outfit and poise.
3) My lesson for tomorrow is prepared and Thursday is a holiday – 4th of July!
4) I haven’t been caught in any thunderstorms, luckily.
5) Two words: Tazo Chai.
6) Got payed more than expected this month.
7) Got a delicious free cup of artisan ice-cream.
8) Reading a fun, informative book. 5 months ago
1) Guy held door open for me – actually stood waiting for me to go through before moving. Needless to say, this made my day.
2) Really good class. Had engaging discussions with students.
3) Students really improved their performance on second test.
4) Didn’t rain while I was out.
5) Tasty lunch.
6) Loved my outfit and make-up.
7) Felt productive.
8) Worked out in the morning. 5 months ago
1) Time to sleep
2) Read a couple of chapters of pleasure reading in my hot room, lying in my unmade bed. Felt postmodern and artsy, and sweaty.
3) Milk tea. Iced.
4) Chilli tastes better the day after.
5) I can walk to my local grocery store. 5 months ago
1) Really good class with my students
2) My pants are falling off me. Kind of annoying because soon I really won’t be able to wear them and I kept worrying they would slip down, but it says good things about my waistline.
3) Cooked some chilli today, and eating with brown rice. Rarely have rice.
4) Ate a healthy breakfast.
5) Foot is less sore. 5 months ago
1) Wore this gorgeous antique pink skirt – looks long but is sheer from the knee down with a lace hem, with an inner skirt to cover the thighs. Felt so pretty.
2) Connecting with my students; made them laugh a bit and also got them to offer opinions on topics related to culture, sparked a bit of a debate.
3) My home-made iced milk tea.
4) Excellent yoga and workout session
5) I love my shower gel. It’s so fresh and minty. 5 months ago
1) Good workout
2) I liked my outfit
3) I can see/feel the definition in my upper arms
4) Amazing sundae
5) Was able to re-use most of my lesson for tomorrow since I’d prepared it well
6) Good feedback on my first assignment for independent study
7) Comfortably warm weather
8) Got to play on a Steinway. Have discovered a perfect place on campus to practice piano when I want to. and to sing. 5 months ago
1) Gorgeous weather
2) Class went quite well
3) Unexpectedly got to spend an extended amount of time with two people I am close to
4) First “weight loss” compliment. Man noticed I had lost weight and said I looked very nice. YES! I had noticed changes, but was waiting to get to the stage when others noticed – 1 month for YOU to see a difference, 2 months for your friends to see a difference, 3 months for the rest of the world to notice.
5) Good conversation with female friend, shared coffee and gelato. Mmm.
6) Gift from above-mentioned friend; very creative with cute seashells and little chocolates.
7) All my papers are printed and ready for class this week. 5 months ago
until I reach 1000 entries. This is an on-going journey to having a grateful, postive attitude.
1) I feel so much fitter than I did even a month ago.
2) I feel strong.
3) First week of teaching was quite good.
4) Saw my friends again.
5) Fun new summer outfits. 5 months ago
1) Really good workout high
3) Compliment on outfit
4) Nice shipment arrived
5) No severe weather
6) Nice moderately warm sunny day 5 months ago
1) Talked to my dad on the phone
2) Discovered a fun, challenging and effective way to get my weekly cardio hour in without having to resort to a boring elliptical/treadmill in a stuffy gym
3) 2 guys tried to chat me up while I was out running errands. I guess it’s a bit silly for this but I won’t lie, it is a confidence booster, especially since I really was in running-errands mode (leggings, long loose tank top, hair half dry, no make-up) and was not expecting any attention.
4) My heel was a bit sore but seems to be better after I started wearing more cushioned shoes during those high-impact workouts.
5) Seeing one of my best friends tomorrow after almost a month away from each other! 5 months ago