Today I’m grateful for:
- Bible tours at British museum
- Sun all day
- Good food in good company
- Good deal on my credit card
- Freedom provided by my assignment-based job
- The possibilities ahead. 43 minutes ago
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
Today I’m grateful for:
1) spent day driving around beautiful scenic part of country with my dad
2) paid my respects at my grandmother’s grave
3) saw my relatives after three years
4) nice lunch in picturesque setting
5) delicious dinner at home
6) intense workout
7) had fun looking at my beach photos
8) another weekend getaway ahead
9) chatted to lady who works at my place for a while when drinking my tea
10) fresh bed sheets! 2 days ago
Seaside weekend. Nice photos. Shopping. Good workout. Relaxing massage. Haircut. Piano. Time with mum. 3 days ago
My mum went to the trouble of making a Thanksgiving dinner in May because I had told her that it made me sad that I was never with family at Thanksgiving. It was very delicious. 1 week ago
1. Not suffering from allergy symptoms, like sneezing uncontrollably and having a constant runny nose. Thanks nose spray. Feel rested.
2. Visa was ready today with no problems.
3. Delicious dinner.
4. I enjoy talking to my brother and I’m proud to see what a compassionate, handsome and sweet guy he’s become in the last few years. It’s nice not to feel jealous of him like I used to as a child – I really do want the best for him now.
5. My hands are stronger and more nimble, can play piano almost as well as I used to.
6. Lovely weather. 1 week ago
Lunch with my mum, good workout, liked my outfit, compliment on visa photo, found a cyber café in time to fill out my application again, fun shopping. 1 week ago
I am getting to see my brother. His girlfriend. My parents. In good health. My house is beautiful, airy, sunlit. I don’t miss my apartment or hectic life at all. 1 week ago
1) I arrived home safely
2) my family looks good
3) I am in a beautiful house in a big airy bedroom
4) the weather is just warm enough and it’s sunny all the time
5) I don’t have to cook, do laundry or worry about any bills or deadlines.
6) I am being treated like the pampered princess I grew up being and enjoying all the things I never appreciated.
7) I am being driven around everywhere. NO bus to catch!
8) my new boyfriend is desperate to stay in touch while I’m away
9) excellent grades on final papers
10) many cute stylish gifts from my parent
12) using my brother’s iPad to write all thus
13) actually look decent in new passport photos
14) got to chat to both parents 3 weeks ago
Today I’m grateful for
1) Film prof took me out to lunch, was super encouraging, shared a lot of personal experiences with me and genuinely made me feel like she cared about me as a scholar. Also strangely reassuring to see the vulnerability of someone who appears to be a brilliant, confident, highly respected academic. We spent 3 hours talking and she basically offered to be my advisor for the dissertation.
2) Good conversations with a lot of people
3) Very nice e-mail from M.A. thesis advisor who also wants to meet up with me to discuss plans for publishing my paper.
4) Graduate chair was super complimentary
5) Lots of lunches out/social events to attend
6) Relief of being done with M.A. 1 month ago
The chance to meet old friends, have fun and be inspired by them.
Those great feelings Easter and spring give me of new life and starting afresh (even if we’re not getting the ideal weather to go with it here in England!)
Orson Welles. ‘nuff said. 1 month ago
1. Spent time with several people I adore and had good conversations
2. Good outfit day – compliments on blazer, dress, outfit, shoes, scarf, hair
3. Felt very “present” in class
4. Lovely mild weather and clear streets and skies
5. Fun interactions with my students
6. Good feedback on first version of my paper from my patient and dedicated advisor
7. Got my renter’s insurance change sorted out
8. The DVD’s I need for my paper came quickly through the library 1 month ago
1) Inky pens in seasonal colours
2) Good grade on my theory midterm
3) Seeing a lot of people I like
4) Free lunch (...there is such a thing, at least, when you’re a graduate student0
5) Drank a latte
6) Woke up and came home to a clean apartment – WONDERFUl
7) Felt rested when I woke up 2 months ago
1) Time to watch beautiful film, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
2) Compliments on dress, scarf, outfit, boots
3) Delicious dinner I cooked myself
4) Low electricity bill
5) Delicious coffee
6) Gift from friend
7) Seeing several people I love today
8) Being able to write without difficulty. Watching the movie and hearing about how the protagonist wrote his book – despite being paralyzed and unable to communicate except by blinking an eyelid – by dedicating four hours a day to the project gave me a bit of a jolt. I have been putting off writing by saying “I don’t know what to write” when I am lucky that I can write at all. 2 months ago
the helpful students and productive exercises in my poetry class, helping me remember why I decided to study creative writing in the first place.
My boyfriend’s support of my attempts at healthy habits, going swimming with me when he doesn’t really feel like it and resisting pub lunches!
Those little moments of clarity where it all makes sense and you wonder why you ever got so worried in the first place. 2 months ago