to any new states in the next couple of months. So the purge continues. 6 months ago
People doing thisSee everyone
Eastern half is almost done just tiny Rhode Island and wild and wonderful Maine on the right side of the map. A big portion of the country to go. Looks like a couple road trips may be in my future. Being in Texas is pretty central and we have a big Airport, I could make some weekend dashes for some, But I think I would rather hit the road. 11 months ago
New Hampshire 17 months ago
Tennessee 3 years ago
if there is one goal I’ve slacked on, it’s this one. Luckily only regarding updates.
I last updated in 2008 right before my ‘then friend’/’now husband’ and I went on a long road trip. The road trip was 8 days, and somehow we made it to Wyoming and back. Spent most of our time driving. Slept in the car on the side of the road. Couchsurfed a little bit. Swam in the Great Lakes. Had dinner with an acquaintance in Colorado on a Wednesday night. Slept under the Wyoming stars; not a soul around. Actually this road trip (and there in Wyoming) was where C and I started dating.
We did a handful of smaller road trips over the next few years – to Georgia, Canada, West Virginia, New York, etc….
Got married last Spring and decided that an appropriate honeymoon would be another road trip. We took 3 weeks and explored as much of the US as we would, focusing on national parks. We saw Yellowstone Park
— such a cool UNWORLDLY place. The Rocky Mountains were breathtaking, of course. Camped in Bryce Canyon. Mined for diamonds in Arkansas. Visited a museum in St. Louis. Saw C’s mom and family out in Colorado for Mother’s Day. Maybe 25 states? It was a great trip.
So all that is left for US states…. Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Montana, Nevada, and Florida. 6 states.
(Picture: The colored-in states are where my husband and I have traveled to together. The red thread maps our very first road trip together.) 19 months ago
stayed night in illinios, idaho, nebraska, wisconsin, michigan, minnesota.
passes through utah, iowa, wyoming. 2 years ago
I have been to Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Missouri, Alabama, Georgia
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky
Florida :) so that makes 15/50
Tennessee 2 years ago
Thank you to horsiegirl907 for the link
I would like to visit each of the 48 contiguous states in my lifetime. I would LOVE to take the next four years and spend a month in each state! I just lost my job that I have had for the last 12 years at a school district due to budget cuts. I wonder if there is a way I can afford to make this wish come true. 2 years ago
Went to Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Beautiful. We flew into Reno and drove up to the lake where we stayed for a week. I can’t wait to go back. 2 years ago
So I had one of these accounts back in the day (freshman or sophomore year of high school) but forget the username and password, and it seems that my email account that I used then has been hacked and I can’t get it. LOVELY. so, at a time when goals and dreams and important, it’s time to start all over!
traveling is my passion. I want to visit every state, country….whatever there is, wherever it is, I want to go. For an almost 20-year old girl, I’m well on my way!
1. Massachusetts- where I have lived my whole life. Couldn’t imagine growing up anywhere else.
2. New York- duh. upstate, the city…been there so many times it seems ridiculous to pick one time out!
3. Connecticut- my favorite times spent in CT have involved Passover at my aunt and uncle’s in Storrs. Amazing times with a family that I would not trade for the world.
4. New Hampshire- skiing, skiing, skiing. For the east coast, its as good as you’re gonna get.
5. Vermont- ditto to New Hampshire. Plus the Ben and Jerry’s factory, Stowe and Jay Peak.
6. Maine- nothing in particular stands out. Want to go to Acadia soon though.
7. Rhode Island- Newport, Narragansett, Block Island…would rather be down the Cape but I’ll take it.
8. New Jersey- one of my best friends from college lives there…always a good time.
9. Pennsylvania- roadtripped to Gettysberg and every Amish town in between with my parents in middle school. good times.
10. Delaware- Crossed Delaware off the list this past fall when I visited my cousin who goes to UDel. Pretty wild place…not sure what else is in the state but I guess the college is all you need.
11. Maryland- DC, lacrosse tournaments etc. Hate driving there.
12. Virginia- went there when I was really little and again this past February to visit 2 of my best friends at William and Mary on a free flight from when I went to Delaware. Thank you Air Tran.
13. Florida- Even though it is probably my least favorite state, I feel like any American who never went to Florida as a kid is somehow deprived. Disney, the Keys…good beaches but waaaaay too humid and flat for my liking.
14. California- amazing place. YOSEMITE, San Fran, LA, Mammoth…amazing beaches and mountains all in one? I’ll take it.
15. Washington- Seattle is one of my favorite cities. There is something quaint and calm about it, like Boston.
16. Utah- Park City, Powder Mountain…love this state.
17. COLORADO- favorite. ever. Vail, Keystone, Breckenridge….the list goes on forever. take me there and i’ll be a happy camper.
18. Arizona- Grand Canyon…need I say more?
19. New Mexico- omly been to the 4 Corners but I bought “fry dough” there and drove on the roads so I can say I’ve been there.
20. TEXAS. just recently (last week) crossed this off the list while getting stranded in Houston on the way to Belize. (Thank you United). Didn’t see the city but stayed at a…lovely Holiday Inn by the airport. 2 years ago