In my last post, I described the level of stress that I found unmanageable at the moment. Today, I’m happy to report that, while I am still very busy, I am feeling much better about stress level.
The following is an update:
1. End of year accounting stuff- Most of this stuff is done, hooray! Just need to meet with the accountant now to get final numbers and close the books.
2. Best Friend #2’s wedding – A simple meeting with gentle leadership was all that I needed to reduce the stress of this project. The bridesmaid dresses is decided, the bridal shower date is set and the bachelorette party issues are hammered out. Now all I need to do is wait for later dates to arrive to do my other tasks (i.e. order the dress, help send out invites, plan the bridal shower, etc.)
3. Mom’s visit – She’s coming this Thursday, YAY! I’m making wonderful progress in getting the house ready and training the dog not be such a nightmare. LOL. It helps to remember that my mom is a pretty laid back person and cares only to spend time with us.
1. My dog – F helps SO incredibly much with the dog. He takes the dog out to the bathroom first thing in the morning and after dinner, leaving me to walk, feed and train him. It still sounds like a lot on my plate with this dog – and it certainly is – but his help means I can sleep in the mornings and completely relax after the dog is fed at night. With the energy I save, I can afford to manage the dog during the day. It also helps to start Couch to 5k, which should exhaust the puppy enough so that he is converted to Good Dog in the daytime. :)
2. Cats in their senior years – My cats are amazing. They are old, quirky and grumpy, but are AMAZING at helping to train the dog. I love them to bits and pieces… Whatever would I do without them? Go Team Kitty!
3. Running my business – It’s running almost on automation, allowing me to focus more on F’s business.
4. Working F’s business – I finished a very important piece of marketing material, which alleviated a large load off my back and plate. Next project is to update the website, but at least now I am now one down and two to go on my project list.
5. Meal planning and cooking meals – I started meal planning and prepping my salads ahead of time, which helps SO much.
6. Household chores – I’m not sure how this happened, but I am so incredibly on top of laundry right now. I think doing it every day makes the loads so much smaller that folding it all takes no more than 5 minutes a day. I still have to fit in my daily vacuuming responsibilities, which now that my load is a tad-bit lighter, I can remember to fit it in.
1. Buy dog/baby gates – I have two big spaces to gate and boy does the large space make it expensive! I refuse to spend over $300 for just two gates. Still working on this issue.
2. Wake up earlier – Since F works out early and is interested in running with the dog and I, this means that I* will have to wake up early for these workouts. My mind and body will complain when the alarm sounds, but I know it will be AMAZING to have that extra time during the day to get my stuff done.
3. *Declutter – Started that today. So easy, fast and feels fabulous at the end.
4. Meal plan on Sundays – Working out awesome not only for my stress level and time, but the pocketbook as well.
5. Vacuum right after lunch – I did do that today. I’m going to create reminders in my phone to do this daily.
6. Focus more on Mom more than the visit itself- I think my excitement for her visit will help me in this area. :-)
7. Write about it – With that extra time I’m getting from waking up early, I am sure to have the time to write about my progress!
The following are additional things I’ve done to help my stress level:
1. Drinking a Diet Coke for lunch. – After swearing off soda for YEARS, I am drinking the stuff again. Why? Because I am just a lump of meat post-lunch. My mind is completely out of focus, my body is running out of steam and my emotions run a bit low – this, by the way, can all be exacerbated by weather where the sun is not present. Anyway, desperate times call for desperate measures, so I started drinking the stuff for a boost. It seems to be working beautifully.
2. I went out and had a great time. – Two super fun birthday dinners plus a date reloads my socializing needs. It’s such an empowering experience to dress nice, fluff the hair and go out in the town. I need to do this more often!
3. I’m reading more. – I have to stay up later to accomplish this, but at least my mind isn’t racing a million miles a minute as I lay my head down to rest. This makes me relaxed, more energized and generally happier overall.
If my stress level remains the same by the end of next month, I think I can declare this goal as finito. :) 10 months ago