Every time I have really made a fool of myself, it has been after a moment of unchecked optimism.
And it’s not just me. Se if you can guess who had these moments:
- We’ll be welcomed as liberators, and the whole thing will be over in 6 months.
- The insurgency is in it’s last throes.
- We have an unsinkable ship.
- We can fly this shuttle even if its below freezing outside and some stupid engineers say we shouldn’t.
- Halle Berry would look great in a torn catsuit, it will be a blockbuster.
- A live long rifle .22 cartridge is just as good as a fuse.
- I’ll just make him try the gloves and this case is over.
- JFK had Marilyn, noone will care if I have this intern, and they won’t ever find out anyway. 6 years ago