...Wow. I’m ashamed at myself for that one.
Anyway, half bath went from the red of the previous entry to this color. Ceiling will be (re-)painted white. Eventually, the toilet will be replaced with a white one, the existing cabinet/sink removed, this vanity and this mirror installed. 6 months ago
When I moved into my house (almost a year ago, wow), nearly everything was painted the same color. I mean everything. Walls, ceiling, trim, even some cabinets, tile and counter tops, too. I’ve been living in a mostly off-white world for the past year, and I’m slowly losing my mind. (That may or may not have anything to do with the color of the walls.) You know, forgetting the taste of bread, the sound of trees, the softness of the wind, that kind of thing. The few rooms that weren’t off white had this really hideous red/maroon color.
On top of really awful color choices, the paint job itself leaves a lot to be desired. They painted over electrical outlets, over pipe coverings, left seemingly thousands of bumps, nicks and globs of paint all over the walls. I mean, this is how they painted behind the toilet with that red color. I feel this is a pretty good visual representation of the paint job of the entire house; in a word, shitty.
I’ve already started tackling a few rooms, but haven’t quite finished any of them.
- Kitchen (Most of the wall is done. Didn’t paint around the cabinets yet since I want to put in a back splash and paint the cabinets. Pantry, cabinets and ceiling still need to be painted.);
- Half bathroom (The red is gone, but the wall may need a second coat. Ceiling and door need to be painted.);
- Master Bedroom (Wall is finished. Ceiling, trim and doors need to be painted).
Haven’t touched yet:
- Master Bathroom (Everything in this room is off-white; it’s awful.)
- Guest Bedroom
- Finished part of basement 6 months ago