86. Watching the squirrels and bunny rabbits that hang out in our backyard
87. Watching my favorite TV shows
88. Finally getting the house clean
89. Cleaning a room and finding things that I’ve lost and sometimes things that I don’t even remember losing
90. the smell of the house when I’m doing laundry
91. Summer and things associated with it- Swimming, sun, vacations, cookouts, Warmth…
92. Fall and things associated with it- The weather, Halloween, Haunted houses, Dressing up in costumes, The leaves, candy corn, scarecrows, Scary movies, bonfires
93. Finishing projects!
94. Making it to the gym at least 3 days in one week
95. Knowing that my family is happy and healthy
96. Having good friends that I can depend on
98.Taking my nieces and introducing them to new things that I enjoyed as a kid; Skating, swimming, parks, fairs, candy apples, ice cream, painting their toenails…
99. Karma: Seeing justice prevail
100. Going to yard sales, Flea markets, etc… 1 day ago
People doing thisSee everyone
86. Watching the squirrels and bunny rabbits that hang out in our backyard
62. checking out the booths at festivals, the candles and jewelry, arts, crafts and things you don’t see everyday
63. My new portable shower head- which allows me to be lazy and shower while sitting in the bathtub :)
64.My new puppy dog. He’s so cute and funny and sweet. awww :)
65. New York City- or any city- walking around the city being in the midst of the hustle and bustle just makes me feel energized
67. Catching up with old friends and reminiscing about good times we’ve shared
68. Being understood. Having friends who “get” you
69. Singing (not professionally)
70. Having someone join me while I’m singing and creating a little duet.
71. Having fun and easy-going co-workers
72. Cool dreams- I already listed dreams on here but just hearing about other people’s dreams is also cool, especially if I was in the dream that they are telling me about.
73. Basking in the sunshine when winter ends, The first few sunny days when you can wear short sleeves and really appreciate the warmth because it’s been too long since you’ve felt it.
74. Learning new things- new words, new information, how to do things, how to build or make things
75. The fact that this portion of the list was so much easier than the last few I tried to do. It was really difficult for me to feel happy when I first began this list, Looking back at some of these entries from a few years ago made me realize just how depressed I was. Slowly but surely things have gotten so much better without me really even realizing it along the way. Hopefully that will continue. :) 3 months ago
77. Friendly people
78. writing- venting on paper (or computer) makes me feel better
79. Having a productive day
80. My mom’s cooking
81. My mom- No one knows me like she does, She is the one person that I can totally be myself around, be goofy or grumpy or happy or sad, crazy or boring- it doesn’t matter, I know for a fact-No doubt about it- that her love for me is unconditional. And she makes me LMAO with some of the silly things she says and does.
82. Quoting my favorite movies when i’m talking to people who actually catch it, Even better when they quote with me
83. Seeing the effects of exercising
85. Music 3 months ago
11. Having goals and checking them off.
12. Warm weather, Being able to wear spring & summery clothes (capris and sandals)
14. Songs that describe exactly how I feel.
15. Water rides in amusement parks.
16. Nice smells (Perfume, lotions, flowers, candles, etc.)
17. Surrounding myself with beautiful things (butterflies, fairy figurines, flowers, etc.)”Maybe if we are surrounded in beauty then someday we will become what we see.” Jewel
18. Really great Quotes
19. Books- Libraries, Bookstores, And my bookshelves at home (actually make a house feel more like home to me)
20. A spa day 3 years ago
46. Things I like to keep with me everyday and would be unhappy without: lip gloss, gum, lotion, my mp3 player, hair ties
I’m actually editing, I had those listed as 5 different things but I need to add more so I figure this is a good place to do it
47. Catholic churches- They’re so beautiful
48. Waking up early enough to eat a real breakfast; bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and orange juice
50. When my photos turn out great 2 years ago
28. When something is organized, and a pleasure to use.
29. Growing food.
30. There’s that moment when riding a horse, right before they move into a canter, that is so amazing.
31. The way light plays on water. It’s mesmerizing.
32. Being able to fix something. I love bringing something back into usefulness.
33. Being able to help someone else.
34. Having a good day. The kind of day where you have nice weather, the food is good, you’ve had enough sleep, you’re headed off to an adventure, that kind of day where everything just goes your way.
35. Recognizing a soul mate. Someone you can really be yourself around.
36. Finding something you thought was lost forever.
37. That moment when it dawns on you that you are really over something that hurt you quite badly.
38. The luxury of trying again.
39. My Mom’s stories. She was born in 1931, and remembers things like Charlie Chaplin movies, going to school on her horse, how to live without refrigeration for food, and on and on.
40. My husband’s sense of humour.
41. How great it is to see little wild animals and birds and such. There’s nothing quite like observing a fox hunting that hasn’t seen you yet, or seeing a baby bird peeking out of the bird house.
42. Making encounters with the people who work all around us more personal and fun. I really like talking to people who work in restaurants and stores, and so on. I hope to make our connectedness more tangible.
43. The brilliance of other people. I am constantly blown away by people with great talents, such as musicians, painters, and the few politicians who strive to actually be positive forces, and everyday heroes like great parents and great pet owners, or those people with glorious gardens.
44. Having your affection returned by animals. I love the connection I feel with my horses. They actually come to hang out with me when there’s no food involved. I love meeting people’s dogs in the park, or a kitty out on the prowl that is happy to be pet.
47. How good it feels when you know someone cares about you, and is willing to help you, or protect you, and thinks well of you.
48. Having the respect of others, which is different from love or affection.
49. The luxury of choices and options. It’s nice to have clothes to choose from, food to choose from, options of what to do with my day, and being able to vote, and having the kind of marriage that means we decide things together, and being able to provide good care for my pets, and so on.
50. Being able to see good things in myself.
51. Being able to be genuinely happy for others.
52. People remembering my birthday.
53. Our big family get-togethers.
54. How good it feels to accomplish something difficult.
56. Mastery of a skill.
57. Learning better ways to communicate with others, how wonderful it is when you can work through a conflict peacefully, being able to make a point without making others feel badly; any way to maintain the dignity of all involved.
58. Being able to be incorrect with grace.
59. Knowing that you have truly done your best, regardless of the outcome.
61. Having lots of energy and enthusiasm. On days when I don’t have it….Blah!
62. Finally resolving something that’s been an issue for a long time, whether it’s completing a project, making that phone call, making the appointment, or getting something fixed/sold/cleaned/returned…
63. Seeing the world in a fresh way through the eyes of a child, or seeing a young adult just heading out into the world and remembering how that felt.
64. Then, seeing how you have learned and grown from your own life experiences.
65. Recognising that you actually have useful advice/wisdom to offer younger folk. It’s interesting to see yourself that way, when you also look to other older, wiser people for advice. It would be good to continue that stream of knowledge.
66. When refraining from judging others leads to a better understanding.
67. Being trustworthy.
68. Being able to give someone the perfect gift.
69. Belonging somewhere.
70. Being able to recognise quality in things. It is a great thing to actually understand what makes a certain kind of sheets better, or shoes, because being able to recognise quality (rather than just thinking that if it’s more expensive it must be better)means owning things that function better, look better longer, are more comfortable, and last longer. That’s not the same as just throwing money at something. There’s a satisfaction in knowing that something is of good quality, and getting more enjoyment from that object. 2 weeks ago
55. Deciding not to apply to medical school. Whew! 3 weeks ago
74. Red red wine
75. Farmers markets
76. General Hospital
77. Someone missing me 4 weeks ago
XCI. Sudden rain on a sweltering summer day.
XCII. Sleeping in my own bed after having been away.
XCIII. Burning muscles that make me forget about back pain. 4 weeks ago
Judging my my last entry on this goal, I started a list on happy things. I don’t remember the list. Now i will to go searching for my papers for it. 4 weeks ago
LXXXIII. Whimsical terrariums.
LXXXIV. The stupid bark my mother’s dog does when it’ excited.
LXXXV. Scientific discoveries being properly reported in the media.
LXXXVI. Playing with my 5 suited deck of cards.
LXXXVII. Finding out the story behind a beloved song.
LXXXVIII. 3 dimensional models of objects found in surreal art.
LXXXIX. Finding a song’s real lyrics after hearing them wrong for years.
XC. Rediscovering something after years (book, film, song, image)when you had forgotten what it was called. Especially if you only had a vague memory. 1 month ago
Since 43Things will be closing soon, I’m going to retire some goals that are not as important to me as others. This is one of them. 1 month ago
1) My 4 children (when they are not arguing)
2) My parents
3) My sibling (all of them)
4) My friends
6) good ice cream (Haagen Dazs)
7) Mixes done by the Boolu master & Dj Pharris
8) M&M’s candy
9) when the children are outside playing
10) when everyone in the house is sleep.
11) long talks on the phone with people I love or like.
12) wear a t-shirt that is to big to bed.
13) watching my frogs swim around in there tank.
14) Being in my bed.
15) Reading a good book.
16) Spending time with friends
17) when some one else cooks dinner
18) when my car actually works.
19) When my oldest daughter gets up early and I don’t have to wake her up.
20) When the house stays clean for a full day.
21) To see my children smile.
22) To spend holidays with my dad and his new wife.
23) peace and quiet
24) when all my friends and family are doing ok.
25) My volunteer work
27) When I can go to the store and find my favorite yogurt.
28) sleeping past 8 on the weekend.
29) When my desk is clean.
30) Turning another year older.
31) Learning something new everyday
32) Learning new things about people
33) when I get my way.
34) Looking back and seeing how much I have grown and changed.
35) self improvement
36) when I find things that I lost.
37) Watching tv by myself in peace and quiet.
38) watching tv with my children (in my bed).
39) Not having to cook. (I hate cooking)
40) Spending Tuesday nights with some one you care about.
41) Getting my early morning phone call.
42) Spending wen.days (Durning the day) with some one special.
43) Spening a full day in bed doing nothing.
44) To get a good morning text from the man I love.
45) Having clean soft hair.
46) Buy books.
47) watching my favorite movies.
48) Getting a full night sleep.
49) Being taking care of by someone you love.
50) spending time with the man I love (without the children).
51) Just hear his voice and knowing he is doing ok.
52) Taking a shower and having a fresh clean smell from the soap.
53) Encouraging my friends to follow there dreams.
54) Being able to see my children become successful in the things they do.
55) Watching my children grow up into wonderful young women.
56) Having dinner with my family.
57) Being healthy.
58) Listening to music.
59) Being supportive of my children, friends and family.
60) Taking and completing small steps towards having my own business.
61) Being a grandmother
62) spending time with my grandson Jayden
64) Singing Jayden to sleep when he is tired.
65) When the girls (my daughters) do well in school.
66) Spend some time with my best friend.
67) Having a friend that knows me well.
68) Texting into the early morning hours.
69) Having a best friend that listens and don’t judge as well as demand nothing from me.
70) Having an amazing best friend.
71) Enjoy time with my hubby.
72) Getting a good nights sleep.
73) Reading one of my favorite books again.
74) Spending time with my sister (either one).
75) Spending time with both my grandsons at the same time but also one on one time.
76) Laughing with my family and friends.
77) Reading or listening to the monster book with the grandsons.
78) Can’t wait to see the new granddaughter in August.
79) When I do well in class.
80) When my husbsand is not being nosy.
81) When my husband’s devices are either off or quiet at night at bed time.
82) Dates with my husband.
83) Listening to Orchestras play live.
84) Visiting my mother and sister.
85) Seeing the Chicago Harbor Lighthouse.
86) Being a tourist in my own city.
87) Going to the Zoo.
88) Seating at the lake front just relaxing.
89) Watching the fireworks from the lake front.
90) Going to build a bear.
91) Walking on the lakefront.
92) Writting for self expression.
93) Me time!
94) Watching the grandchildren grow up. 8 years ago
6. Fresh orange juice
7. Eggs benedict
8. Finishing a course
9. Sitting on the beach with wind in my hair
10. Riding in the cabrio 1 month ago
There’s just something deeply satisfying about working on growing your own food.
One of our most recent projects was to install a drip irrigation system. It still needs some work, but it’s off to a very good start. 1 month ago
Stay as flexible as you can, but not unfocused.
Enjoy the time you ‘waste’, but not too much.
Love greatly, but not to the point of your detriment.
Believe what you see, not always what you hear.
Take care of yourself, then take care of others.
Be alive in the world, then take time to go within.
Even if you don’t feel like it, straighten up your home.
Choose the company you keep wisely, so as to have a happier life.
Work hard, then sleep as long as your body needs.
Be slow to judge, not everything’s about you.
Eat foods that are good for you, but make sure they are yummy.
Follow your head and your heart, but should they disagree…...
Listen to that inner voice inside you, that voice is your soul showing you the way.
I think people have pushed me so hard to do what they want, these lists are almost foreign to my behaviors. But I want to be happier 2 months ago
The need for good will from the others.
The need for emotional support.
The need to be heard by the other and to be responded to with respect and acceptance
The need to have your own view, even if others have a different view.
The need to have your feelings and experience acknowledged as real.
The need to receive a sincere apology for any jokes or actions you find offensive.
The need for clear, honest and informative answers to questions about what affects you.
The need for freedom from accusation, interrogation and blame.
The need to live free from criticism and judgment.
The need to have your work and your interests respected.
The need for encouragement.
The need for freedom from emotional and physical threat.
The need for freedom from from angry outburst and rage.
The need for freedom from labels which devalue you.
The need to be respectfully asked rather than ordered.
The need to have your final decisions accepted.
The need for privacy at times.
I am posting this so I can have it Handy, I have been so self sacrificing that This list is something that I have to read more often. It will make me happier , I KNOW it! 2 months ago
pulling out a big dandelion and getting the entire root( we wont spray our lawn and it shows but we would rather have the flowers clean for the bees!)
Knowing that I have good health!
seeing the kids in the morning
Hearing them play music and sing together just for fun
having them ask me to play with them, just for fun! 2 months ago
A group of us divvy up the ingredients and then put together a lunch. We have had taco salad, spaghetti, and sandwiches. Next week we will have tuna salad sandwiches, salad bar, and chicken salad sandwiches. Everything is homemade with fresh ingredients and sides, like pickles, chips, jalapenos, pickled veges, watermelon, apples, strawberries, and so on. Men and women participate, and we eat and laugh and joke about food comas and calling each other “Cupcake” like President George W. Bush called Condoleeza Rice. 2 months ago
LXXIX. The wind at my back.
LXXX. Bleating fawns.
LXXXI. Days getting longer between solstices.
LXXXII. Exploring the unfamiliar which lies in close proximity to the familiar. 2 months ago