out of the purchase today. been having second thoughts and doubts bout a few things. spoke to letting agent again today in detail. and she basically confirmed my worries.
so i let my broker know i was pulling out. i want to find a better nicer property to invest in.
this chapter isnt over. 21 months ago
with both broker and letting agent today. feel bit better after discussing issues with them about delays.
just wish vendors solicitors would hurry up with their side of the paperwork. hoping to complete within the next 2 weeks before i go on holiday. timing is not perfect. but not alot i can do aobut it. see how things go for next 2 weeks. 21 months ago
to complete soon. waiting on the seller and his solicitors to sign paperwork. should not be too much longer. im up to date myside. im going to be speaking to letting agent next week about how we will be working together for the property and tennant. 22 months ago
mortgage application has been approved, and i have a lease. solicitor is jsut crossing some t’s and dotting some eyes with landlord of the flat, and then i need to sign one more contract, and we are good to go. everything on my side is done, im up to date, jsut waiting on this final bit. and then will transfer the rest of deposit funds. very near the finish line. soon i will have keys and i will begin to speak to tennant management company about my current tenant. and i will officially be a property owner, landlord and investor :)
making a dream come true here :) 22 months ago
of buy to let mortgage paperwork to fill in. should be fun! 2 years ago
a long time dream come true today.
i officially got the ball rolling. and going forward on the property. i commited to buying the property. paid the reserve fee and finders fee today.
within the next couple weeks will be signing paperwork and dealing with mortgage broker and solicitors and paying the deposit.
ive had some sleepless nights over this… but its only natural. but i have weighed everything down… and done my reseach, spoken with broker, parents, other people, property forums, sites etc. and this is something i have wanted to do for years. i want to take the risk. and it is a risk i am comfortable with should it not work out… but i think it will. who knows in the future, i may have a portfolio which i would like very much. but baby steps. lets see how i am feeling after 6 months.
very soon i will be able to say i am a property investor :). this is hopefully the start of great things. i am happy. 2 years ago
broker again today. get more feedback and answers. feeling good. i told him i havent made my final decision, but i will let him know by monday what i decide.
im feeling positive, everything stacks up in terms of property, location and cashflow. im gonna use the weekend time to just go over things further and do any more research i can online and via word of mouth.
i realise yesterday, that fear kicked in, and i felt like no i dont want to do this, but lets face it, i have never bought a property in my life, this is the first time, and fear and trepidation about it has kicked in a few times over the last few weeks. its bound to happen. and it has. and it will continue to do so as i sign the paperwork (should i go forward). its the nature of the game.
i am 80% confident im gonna go through with this. i feel good. 2 years ago
discuss things with broker again tommorow. im sort of 50 50 on wether im going forward on it or not.
i could go either way… but im thinking im veering towards doing it. i will discuss with broker tommorow. 2 years ago
im going to say no to this property. ive always wanted to be a landlord and have control. i do not want to be an investor and have not enough control because its far away and i rental management company is looking after it. its not close enough to me for me to go see whenever i want to go see it. and other things/reasons i have looked into regading this property. ive played with this investor angle, looked into it, discussed it with broker, but in my heart its not what i want.
i want to be a landlord not a investor, esp for my first… maybe down the line i can do both (if i ever get to that point). but for now, im abandoning the investor way.
im gonna jsut keep looking for places more local that is within my small budget, but i think its gonna take time, cos i wont have a investment company to hold my hand, and organise lending finance for a waitress. once i have a better job… and can SHOW the banks better finances, i might be able to move forward.
ultimately i wanna do it on my own. no middle man. i want control.
oh man, and now i am having second thoughts about it, its already tennanted, the price is good and discounted, dont know if id be stupid not to go for it… arrg2 years ago
waiting for broker to get back to me.
i think he will probably be shocked at how much questions i had for him and some of it challenges what he states.
i already have a gut feel about where i am going to go with this but i await his response.
if im gonna part with my money i want the best deal and be 100% certain about the purchase. and now having looked at everything from all sorts of angles, its only 50 50. but we shall see. 2 years ago
going over everything to do with property and location, doing research etc, and have emailed broker this evening with questions and concerns regarding property. waiting for his response. i will be making a decision hopefully by the end of this week as to whether i will be going ahead with this particular property or if i will wait for another one. have also discussed it with folks to see what their opinions are.
we shall see. 2 years ago
a meeting on monday next week with my broker to discuss a potential property thats within my budget. i am just going there to discuss it and look at numbers and see how i feel about it. i wont be making any decisions that day but i will also see what my gut feel is about it. i also trust this company and my broker implicitly. they have an excelent reputation and only put good sound investments on the table.
this is a dream of mine for many years and im hoping i can get on the ladder this year. 2 years ago
been in talks last 3 weeks and this is going to become a reality very soon. this will probably be the most exciting nerve wracking thing i do for a long time. definatly this year. 2 years ago